chapter thirty nine!

𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖙𝖍, 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

* * *

*    *    *

* * *

(  𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊  )

Melissa was in Scott's room, doing checks on Stiles as he laid on the bed cooperatively. "Well... Medically, you seem okay. You're definitely a real person."

Stiles let out a tired sigh. "Okay, so I'm real, but am I really me?" Scott appeared in the doorway causing Stiles to sit up. "Is she here?"

Scott nodded reluctantly, "Yeah."

"Okay, let's do this." Stiles stood up but saw the looks the McCalls were giving him. "Guys, we have to do this."

They made their way downstairs to see Noshiko waiting for them. "Do you recognize me, hmm?"

"Stop." Kira said as she appeared beside her mother.

"It's okay. I'm the one who asked her to come."

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords. Mom, don't do this to him." Kira pleaded.

"It's already done." The Oni suddenly appeared behind Stiles as he turned to look at them. Before he could face them, one appeared in front and trapped the side of his face. Everyone looks don with baited breath. Stiles collapsed to the floor as the Oni disappeared. "Look behind his ear."

Scott checked his friends ear to see Self there. "It worked."

Stiles began to sit up. "So, I'm actually me?"

"More you than the Nogitsune." Noshiko corrected.

"Can The Oni find him?"

"Tomorrow night. It's too close to dawn now."

"Can they kill him?" Stiles pressed.

"It depends on how strong he is."

"What about Lydia and Elle? Why would he take them?" Stiles asked, getting more anxious with the lack of action to find his girlfriend and friend.

"He would only take the girls for an advantage."

"You mean the power?"

"The power of a Banshee, enhanced by magic."

* * *

Elle and Lydia were being held in some kind of passageway at Oak Creek. Elle was crouched down on the floor, head in her hands as she tried to formulate a plan to get the pair out. Or at least contact her brother.