chapter seventeen!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖐𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖒𝖚𝖈𝖍  )

School Officials and Security surrounded a distraught Lydia while Aiden held a comforting arm around her and Elle stood next to the strawberry blonde. She looked to Miss Blake for help.

"I don't get why no one's calling the police." The blonde wondered.

Miss Blake sighed. "They're going to make an announcement over the PA-"

"That's not going to do anything. I told you he's gone, like the others. Taken." Lydia told her.

"Okay, we're just trying to understand. All we know is that Mr. Westover didn't show up for class."

"And the last time that happened was Mr. Harris. Anyone heard from him lately?" Lydia freaked. At the door, Scott and Ethan pushed past other students to look in. Lydia pulled away from Elle and Aiden and headed to the chalk board. "He's gone and he's going to be the second murder." She points to the number two in the circle.

"But, Lydia, you wrote that number." Miss Blake pointed out.

Lydia sighed before turning to face her English teacher. "Okay, fine. I'm psychic."

"You're psychic?" Miss Blake scoffed.

"I'm something!" Lydia shouted in frustration. Elle knew it wasn't appropriate but she couldn't help but chuckle, thinking back to Stiles the other day when he called Lydia that same thing Lydia looked at the faces in frustration, getting only sympathetic stares.

Behind them, Ethan turns to Scott. "A Deputy and a teacher? What's the
pattern?"

Scott shrugged regretfully. "I don't know." His eyes focussed on the board where the Five Fold symbol remained scrawled in chalk.

*    *    *

Scott turns, phone pressed to his ear. "It's Philosophers as in teachers. Allison and her father just found Mr. Westover."

Stiles on the other sighed of the phone sighed, "It makes sense. Tara wasn't just a cop. Before joining the department she taught middle school."

"Then the last one's going to be another teacher."

"But there's dozens of them. And they're all headed home."

Scott looked over the walkway to the quad below. "No. No, they're not. They're all going to the recital."

*    *    *