chapter fourteen!

𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

*    *    *

*    *    *

(  𝖈𝖚𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖘  )

The Physics classroom door burst open into a crowded corridor. Scott hurtled out with Stiles trying to catch up. Allison and Elle turned from Allison's locker, noticing them.

"Stiles, what's going on?" The blonde asked, seeing his anxious expression.

"It's Scott's boss- Deaton." He answered before running away. Elle's eyes widened and she looked at Allison who nodded in the two boys' direction. She smiled gratefully at the hunter and ran after them.

Ms Blake then stepped out, watching the three teens run off. "I have to admit the number of students recently bolting out of my class is starting to make me question my teaching ability."

Allison gave a polite smile and shut her locker with a metallic clang.

*    *    *

Door swinging open, Scott rushed inside the Veterinary Clinic. He stopped when Stilinski and Deputy Graeme turn around.

"How did you know?" Scott panted.

"Stiles called me right after you left school. And I'm sorry, but your boss's car is still here and the back door was wide open." Scott took a step back and without even seeming to realize it, he sat down in one of the waiting room chairs. Almost like he was pushed down. "Scott. I need you to tell me everything."

While his Deputies scoured the clinic for clues, Stilinski tried to comfort Scott with Stiles and Elle now by his side. "All right, we're going to do everything we can. The best thing you can do is go back to school. Ah hell, go home if you need to. School can wait." He put a hand on Scott's shoulder, and gave it a comforting squeeze and then stepped out to the waiting area. Scott threw Stiles and Isabelle a look, gesturing for him to follow into the cage room where they'd be out of earshot.

"We have to tell him." Scott whispered to the pair.

"You mean like tell him tell him? Or tell him something else that isn't telling him what I think you want to tell him." Stiles panicked.

"You know what I mean."

"He's not going to believe us." Stiles discouraged.

"I can make him believe."

Stiles scoffed, worry clear on his face. "Yeah, but remember how your mom took it? She couldn't look you in the eyes for a week."

"She got over it. And it actually made us closer."