A Spoonful of Sugar

*3rd P.O.V.*

She left the room and moved down the hall, her current goal to get a wash rag and a bowl of water to tend to her friend's temperature. On her way down the stairs, she found herself humming that same song and it wouldn't leave her mind.

'Well... I suppose there's only one thing to do about that...' She thought.

"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." She said aloud as she made it to the bottom of the stairs, "You find the fun, and snap! The job's a game!"

(Y/n) began to skip to the kitchen with a loud snap of her fingers as she began to sing.

"And every task you undertake~! Becomes a piece of cake~! A lark~! A spree~! It's very clear to see~!"

"Ooo, there's cake?" Luffy chirped as his brothers in unison smacked him over the head.

"Ow! I was just asking!" He whined.

(Y/n) suppressed a giggle at Luffy as she skipped past them into the kitchen, "That~. A~. Spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down~! The medicine go down-wown~! The medicine go down~! Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down~! In a most delightful way~!"

She went to the cabinet as she whistled the tune for a few moments and continued the song as she reached up for a bowl.

"A robin feathering his nest has very little time to rest~! While gathering his bits of twine and twig~! Though quite intent in his pursuit~! He has a merry tune to toot~! He knows~! A song~! Will move the job along~!"

She moved over to the sink and began to fill it with cold water.

"What about Robin?" Luffy questioned, confused by what she meant as his brothers face-palmed.

"For a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down~! The medicine go down-wown~! The medicine go down~! Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down~! In a most delightful way~!" She sang as she grabbed a small clean towel and skipped back out of the room with the bowl, happily whistling the tune as she went.

Luffy sweatdropped at the girl.

"Why is she singing?" He questioned his brothers as Ace simply shrugged.

"Eh, it's harmless, so it's not like it's a problem. We are in her home, after all." He pointed out.

"I don't mind it. I think she has a good voice." Sabo added.

(Y/n) suddenly turned and threw a pillow from the couch at Luffy, "I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR SINGING MARY POPPINS! THAT IS A SONG FROM MY CHILDHOOD AND I WILL SING IT SINCE IT'S STUCK IN MY HEAD!"

'She almost sounds legitimately mad.' Sabo thought, 'She's somehow still cute when she's mad, though...'

"Hey, (Y/n)! Come here really quick, there's something beautiful by our window!" Noire quickly shouted to the (h/c)-haired woman, "C'mon, come quick before it disappears!"

"'Beautiful'?" Ace questioned with a blink, before humming.

What could possibly be near the window upstairs...?

"Coming~!" (Y/n) turns and runs up the stairs, nearly splashing water onto the floor in her haste.

She rushed into the bedroom and looked around for the thing that Noire found was so beautiful, "What is it, Noire?"

Noire was now out of her bed, to (Y/n)'s displeasure, as she beckoned her near the window, before pointing at a little birdie, that looked quite exotic.