Her Savior

*3rd P.O.V.*

Ace, Sabo, and Luffy were hard at work fixing the damage that Luffy's father, Dragon, had caused the day prior. Ace was working on the back door as well as the wall around it, Luffy was trying to fix the front door, and Sabo was trying to fix the wall that stood between the front and back door.

However, Sabo was more than just a bit distracted.

He sat on the floor in front of the destroyed wall and was hunched over, elbow planted on his leg with his cheek resting in his hand. His fingers gently traced the scar on his face and remembered a certain (h/c)-haired girl's sweet words to him.

"Do you try to hide it? I don't think you have to. To me, it doesn't look bad at all."

A soft smile tugged at Sabo's lips as he forgot all about what he was supposed to be doing. More of the cute human woman's words rang in his ears like the chime of a small bell.

"... I don't think it makes you any less handsome!"

Sabo wasn't even aware that, in his daze, he had allowed his tail to show. It was long and thin with a three-pronged end, each prong sharp and pointed creating a slight cross-shape. It was a slightly glittering royal blue color that transitioned into a bright cyan color at the cross-shaped end.

His tail began to wag cheerfully in the air as Sabo chuckled softly at remembering how (Y/n) had nearly dropped the bowl of batter in the kitchen.

His brothers stopped what they were doing and turned to look at the blond, confused as to why he was laughing and why he wasn't even pretending to be working.

"What are you laughing about?" Luffy questioned him with a pout.

"Yeah, and why aren't you helping us out with repairs? You live here too, you know!" Ace pointed out with a frown, not knowing what got into Sabo's head.

Sabo flinched as he was brought out of his thoughts, "Hm? I'm sorry, did you guys say something?"

Luffy frowned, "Weren't you listening to us, Sabo?"

"No, sorry. I was lost in thought..." He admitted, sheepishly scratching his cheek as his face flushed a slight pink color.

Ace looked at him with suspicion, especially since he started to blush out of nowhere.

"Lost in thought about what, exactly...?" He questioned, narrowing his gaze at him.

Sabo's eyes widened a little as his cheeks started to turn a brighter shade of red.

"N-nothing much... just... stuff..." Sabo replied, turning his head away in an attempt to hide his blush.

"Stuff like what?" Luffy asked with a tilted head.

"Oh, you know... Just stuff..."

Sabo couldn't just tell them that he spent the day with (Y/n), could he? They would be so mad at him, especially after he just said he would try to avoid her. He would look like such a hypocrite.

"I don't think it was 'just stuff' like you say... if that was the case, you wouldn't be so distracted." Ace rose a brow, narrowing his gaze even more.

"What is really going on in that head of yours, Sabo?..."

He really didn't want to lie--they were brothers, and brothers didn't keep secrets with each other.

"I... I don't want to tell you..."

The thought of Sabo purposely hiding something from him and Ace truly made Luffy angry. They were supposed to be able to trust each other with anything and everything.