Meeting the Brothers

*(Y/n)'s P.O.V.*

The streets and bystanders passed by my vision in a blur. Even while carrying me, Luffy was surprisingly fast. Did he take track and field in school or something?

"U-um, Luffy." I spoke up as the straw hat boy rounded another street corner.

"Yeah?" I heard him answer.

"I was just wondering... Where are you taking me?" I asked.

His brown eyes glanced down at me and gave me a toothy grin,"I told you already, I'm taking you to meet my brothers, Ace and Sabo!"

I hummed, "Your brothers, huh?"

I wondered if they were anything like Luffy? If so, may all the gods in the world help us!

Then I spotted a familiar mailbox and I furrowed my brow as Luffy passed it.

"Luffy? Haven't we been this way before?"

"Maybe."

"You... do know where your brothers are right now, don't you? You're not wandering around hoping to just run into them, right?"

Silence.

"You really have no idea where we're going, do you?"

"Nope, not a clue!" He admits, still as carefree as ever.

"Luffy, stop for a minute so we can figure this out!" I say, tugging at Luffy's shirt.

He complies and slows to a stop, though he still refused to put me down.

"Okay, so you have absolutely no idea where your brothers could be right now?" I questioned.

"Nope. I ditched them so I could find you 'cause they didn't want me to. I wanted to find Sanji so he could make me some food, too."

I tilted my head in confusion, "Why wouldn't they want you meeting me?"

Luffy frowned slightly and shook his head, "I dunno. I think they just wanted to be unfair to me and meet you first."

"Hm... Well, maybe if we retrace your steps and go back to the place where you might have lost them, we'll find them." I suggested.

'The sooner I can meet Luffy's brothers, the sooner I'll be able to get back to the bakery.'

"Hey, that makes sense." Luffy nodded and suddenly nuzzled the top of my head, making me blush again.

"You're pretty smart! I should have you around all the time!" He said before taking off running again, his comment making me cover my face with my hands to hide my flustered expression.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

As soon as we left town, Luffy and I found ourselves on a dirt road surrounded by tropical trees and lush vegetation.

There were beautiful flowers everywhere and every bird I spotted could have been mistaken for a small rainbow given how colorful they were.

'This place is gorgeous~! I should try to convince Noire to go on a nature hike with me.' I thought as Luffy carried us further down the wide trail.

"Luffy, are we getting close to where you last saw your brothers?" I asked.

"Yup! I think I lost 'em near the crossroads up ahead." He answered with a nod.

As he said that, I looked in front of me towards the mentioned crossroads. It wasn't too far up ahead, but it would still take a minute or so to get there.