Epilogue

Omega stared at the orange sky with gentle, sad optics, hugging herself a little as she let her leg swing over the edge a little. The night was beginning to hinder in the sky, bits of darkness peeking at the corners of the sky, while the brightest of the stars began to shine from above. She let a small vent swing from her chest chassis and out her derma, parting them slightly. The area around her was much more comforting then that of the cold and snowy landscape that Alpha's ship had crashed in. 

At the thought of her spark twin, her chassis began to ache, and she pulled her servo to her chest, gently touching the metal plates above her spark chamber. It pained her to remember him, how he had used their dreaded power to save her and Ratchet. It hurt so much to see her brother's faceplate in her processor, his happy go lucky smile still fresh in her memory files.

It was agony to think of her family as broken as it was.

It made her feel heavy when she thought of Ratchet, someone who had become like a sire figure to her, and how much he had done for her in only a certain amount of weeks aboard their ship. How he had begun to heal both of their aching, guilty sparks, and soothed their destruction filled memories.

And now everything had fallen apart.

The femme heard something behind her, like metal cranking and grinding. She turned her helm as it stopped with a loud clang and the hiss of releasing several gears. A small smile reached her derma as she stood up to greet the other femme that had just joined her atop the base, her blue finish glinting in the nearing night sky. Arcee, with concerned optics, returned the smile with a small one of her own as she walked over to the edge beside her, glancing at the beautiful sky herself.

"How are you holding up?" she asked softly after a little while, glancing up at the sky blue femme, who was surprisingly taller than her, and still hugging herself slightly.

Omega sighed again, still looking at the darkening sky. "I'm.. doing alright, I suppose. I'm still online," she added, her tone not betraying the bitterness she felt in her spark.

Arcee could feel her emotion nonetheless. She was silent for a moment, unsure of what to say, before turning to her again and placing a servo on her shoulder. "I.. understand what it feels like to lose friends... family," she said sadly, glancing at the pile of rocks, a memoriam for her fallen partner, Cliffjumper.

Omega also looked that way, her expression turning softer. "It's good to know.. that there are others like us," she said after a while, gazing sadly at the rocks while thinking of her family.

"The war has affected each and every one of us," Arcee told her, taking back her servo. "Everyone.. has their demons that we face."

Omega finally looked at her, nodding with a tiny twinkle in her optics. It was small, but it was a start, something more than the mourning and sometimes dead look that befell upon her faceplate. The two femmes shared a smile, thankful for that moment together.

Finally, Arcee patted her shoulder again and tossed her helm slightly towards the machine that had brought her up there. "Well, we should probably head back inside before Optimus or the others wonder where we are."

Omega nodded, smiling to herself and clutching her servos to her chest. "I.. really can't thank you enough for allowing me to stay," she said quietly as they began to walk towards the elevator.

"Outpost Omega One is always ready to welcome fellow Autobots," Arcee replied. "Given their personality. "Wheeljack was never one to stay put, anyways," she added with a hint of a smirk.

The younger femme shrugged. "I have yet to meet him, but.. he sounds interesting." A brighter smile played at her features, and she found herself hoping to meet him one day.