Chapter 15

Tending to Alpha's back wound was easy enough. It wasn't deep enough to reach his backstrut, which relieved both the injured mech and his sister. Ratchet cleaned it quickly and used his welder to put it back together. Alpha gave a sigh of relief when it was over, having been stiff and uncomfortable for most of that time. When Ratchet gave him the okay, he stood up and stretched, only wincing a little. 

"Thanks, Doc," he said, patting the medic on his shoulder plate once. "I'm going to go scout for a bit. See you later, Omega."

His twin nodded at him, her optics showing that there was more to it than that, but unwilling to say. Ratchet watched her and felt his spark involuntarily clench at her expression. She really looked troubled, which made the old medic feel obliged to do something. The doctor in him was something he could never ignore, and he took a step towards the young femme.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his servos taking her shoulder plates.

She tensed at his touch, and he cursed at himself but didn't let go. She glanced sideways and bit her derma, tears beginning to rise in her optics. Ratchet felt shocked when he saw her begin to cry. While in his grip, she raised her digits and wiped her optics as she sobbed. The medic had never seen her like this; she looked vulnerable and hurt. His spark jumped to his throat when she reached out and hugged him, seeking comfort. At this point, he had no idea what to do. He stiffened and stuttered as she cried into his chest chassis. Feeling more and more awkward, he gently patted her back stiffly. She continued to sob into him for a while, and eventually he relaxed and let her do so. Occasionally, he would rub her shoulder pads soothingly and try to mutter some comforting words. He honestly wasn't used to this kind of thing; it had been some time since he had needed to.

Eventually, Omega sniffed slightly and backed away, rubbing her optics quickly. Ratchet did not let go of her; instead, his grip tightened. He couldn't help the worried expression that held on his faceplate. Omega would not look at him, just kept trying to regain her normal look. She hiccupped and sniffed some more. The medic started to grow annoyed at her silence and let one shoulder go. With his free servo, he gently placed his digits under her chin and lifted it up. Her optics finally fell into his, the usual brightness and innocence replaced with pain and suffering. His expression remained calm and he said nothing. He didn't need to; Omega knew what he was asking her.

She sighed finally. "I'm sorry," she muttered. "I just started... remembering things."

He scoffed. "That's something I wish I could do," he retorted. 

She laughed, making him brighten. "I guess you want to know what this is about, huh?" She smiled slightly, taking his servo. "It's sorta a long story, so we might want to sit down."

She noticed my legs were shaking, he thought. 

They both sat down on the medical berth. Omega scooched close to his side, and he allowed her. He had a feeling she was going to need more comfort and someone to cry on again after she explained everything. She sighed, resting her servo on his and looking up, as if she were gazing into the stars.

"You know that we are young bots, right?" she asked, and he nodded. "We were sparked towards the ending of the war. The only memories I have from my real family was soothing servos. I think we had an older brother, too. Our parents weren't fighters, at least, that's what we were told. Our home was destroyed by the Cons, our family murdered. I don't feel as much remorse as I want to about it; I hardly remember them. The Decepticons captured us and brought us to their lead scientist. I believe you know him?"

The medic nodded, scowling. "Shockwave."

She shuddered at the name. "Yes. He needed sparkling for a certain experiment he had in mind. That was us, me and Alpha. We were named, raised, and trained by him and the other Cons. Starscream took the enjoyment of giving us battle training, and when it wasn't him, it was Megatron himself."