Thinking Out Loud

If someone were to ask me how I thought my life would end up, I certainly wouldn't never guessed I'd be where I am right now. A year and a half ago I was ready to let go of everything that ever meant anything to me and start over. Instead, I got my happily ever after.

It didn't come easy and some days it was hard. There were times when I wanted to give up, but I tried anyway. I tried because she was worth it. I tried because despite everything, she would always be the center of my universe.

It took some time for us to move past everything. For several months we lived in an almost empty house. I gave her time to adjust. As the days went by she slowly yet surely begin to fill the house with the things that made it a home. Room by room the hollowed out spaces were filled. The more she settled into our house, the more she talked to me.

Now as I sat here watching her make breakfast holding our two month old daughter Camila, I never felt more complete. The two month old had her mothers dark hair and beautiful brown eyes. She looked so much like Selena. I knew boys would be a problem when she got older.

I listened as my wife hummed softly. She smiled all the time now. I had Camila to thank for that. It took some persistence on my part, but I somehow managed to convince her to get pregnant again. It turned out to be the best thing for our relationship.

"Demi." Selena smiled. "You're staring."

"At the most beautiful woman in the world." I said dreamily.

"Yeah?" She blushed.

"Definitely."

I stood up and walked over to her. I wrapped my arms around her and Camila and held them close.

"Can you take her for a bit?" Selena asked me softly.

"Of course." I said as she handed me the infant. "Hi baby." I said, kissing Camila's chubby cheeks.

Selena continued to cook breakfast while I held Camila. Selena was a graceful woman when she wanted to be. She made cooking seem glamorous. As I watched my wife move around the kitchen, I'd never felt more satisfied. This was it for me. It was everything I'd ever wanted and then some. We somehow managed to make something out of nothing at all.

My wife was my best friend. She was all that mattered to me. She was a part of all of my best memories and best moments in life. She was literally my dreams come true. I fell in more in love with her as the days passed.

"They're here." She announced as she stood on her tippy toes and looked out the window above the sink.

"I'll show them in." I said as I walked to the foyer.

"Oh my god, give me that fucking baby!" Taylor exclaimed as soon as I opened the door.

"Hi." Joe grinned as his wife snatched my daughter away.

"It's good to see you guys." I smiled as I have Joe a hug.

"You'll have to excuse my wife." He laughed. "She lacks manners." He joked as they both followed me into the house.

Taylor was completely absorbed in Camila and paid Joe and I no attention whatsoever. She did however, let out a delighted squeal when she saw Selena. I watched as the two woman ran toward each other and hugged. Taylor held Camila on her hip like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"I think someone has baby fever." I grinned nudging Joe.

"You think?" He questioned raising both eyebrows.

"How was your flight?"

"It was good. I'm starving." He said as he glanced toward the kitchen.

"Breakfast is almost ready." I informed him.