I Love The Way You Love Me

Chapter Ten

I woke up slightly aware that I had spent the night sleeping in a truck out in the woods, naked. I also realized I was alone, which was a little bit alarming but I was a glass half full kind of person so I figured she had woke up already and needed to pee or something. I know I needed to. I located my clothes--which were strewn about the cab of the truck and put them on. I laughed when I noticed her panties--thongs to be more exact, hanging from the rear view mirror.

I reached up and pulled down the visor. I examined myself in the small mirror and fixed my slightly messy hair. Once I was satisfied, I pushed the visor back up and watched her as she walked toward the truck. She had been standing on the side of the cliff looking out at the city below. I was surprised to see her wearing my old letterman jacket. I hadn't seen it years. She must have found it behind the seat of the truck. I wanted her in my arms so I quickly jumped out of the truck as she approached.

"Mornin." I rasped against her neck as I pulled her against me. I took a deep breath and smiled. She smelled so good.

"Hi." She smiled pulling away so I could see her face.

"Did you watch the sunset?" I asked tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah." She softly answered. "It was beautiful."

"You should have woke me." I laced our fingers together and we walked back toward the cliffside.

"I wanted you to rest." She grinned. "I figured after last night you'd earned it." She continued to grin as she quickly glanced at me to gauge my reaction.

"I earned it?" I laughed.

"Yes. Quite vigorously." She said as we stopped at the edge of the cliffside. I let go of her hand and lowered myself into a seated position. She sat down next me and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"I should've don't this years ago." I said as I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Could you imagine where we would be right now if I hadn't of been such a chicken shit all these years?"

"Who knows." She said whistfully. "Do you want kids?" She asked suddenly, turning to face me.

"Yeah. I wanna have kids with you Sel." I answered. She gave me the most beautiful smile I had ever seen.

"Good. Because I could never picture having children with anyone but you." She said softly. "Promise me that when we do decide to have a baby, we'll come back to Texas. I want to raise them here with our families."

"Of course. Whatever you want baby. All you gotta do is ask." I whispered in her ear.

She turned toward me and wrapped her arms around me and then she draped her legs across my lap. I noticed she wasn't wearing shoes. I shook my head and chuckled softly.

"In that case I want you to build me a house wih a wrap around deck and a horse stable." She grinned. "I want it to have a white fence and a huge backyard." She added.

I sat and istened to her describe her dream house to me in vivid detail. I memorized every single word she told me. She didn't know it yet, but I had every intention of building her dream home. Brick by brick. Board by board. I took in every last detail. It was always about the little things with her. The way her mouth would twitch when she was trying not to smile. The way she closed her eyes when she savored the taste of something. The little things.

"Let's go home." I said breaking the silence. "Your mom wants to see me." I added with a smirk.

"What makes you so sure of that?" She asked in a teasing tone