All Or Nothing

Chapter Nine

I woke up startled by the incessant beeping of my alarm. I groaned when I saw the fluorescent numbers glaring back at me, it was only three am. I reached over and slammed my palm against the snooze button. Fifteen more minutes. Before I could even snuggle back into my comforter, my bedroom light came on. I felt kinda like I was experiencing light for the first time. It was horrible. I was still extremely groggy and slightly confused.

"It's time to get up." Selena said sweetly as she sat on the bed next to me and rubbed my back.

"Hmmm?" I groaned.

"We have a flight to catch." She said softly.

I sighed as I flipped over onto my back and covered my face with my forearm. "You just had to pick fuck this shit o' clock as our departure time didn't you?" I rasped.

She laughed. "Get up grumpy. I'm gonna get Gracie ready."

"I hate you." I said sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"You love me." She smiled before disappearing through the doorway.

She was right. I did love her. I drug myself out of bed and took a quick shower. The hot water felt amazing. Once I had dried off, I pulled on a pair of gray sweatpants and a plain white tee shirt. I searched through the excessive amount of flannel shirts I owned until I found a purple and black one. Satisfied, I put it on and put my hair up in a messy ponytail. I bent down and pulled the legs of my sweats up over my calves and I slipped my feet into a pair of flip flops.

I found Gracie sitting at the kitchen table with her cheek resting against its surface. She looked completely unamused by the fact that she was awake right now. She was just laying there with her chubby cheek smashed against the table and a scowl on her face. I poured us both bowls of cereal and sat next her.

"You hungry?" I asked softly.

"No. I'm tired." She yawned.

"I know baby." I smiled. "Me too. Want some coffee?" I winked.

"Eww. No." She sighed. "I wanna sleep."

"Tell you what, eat your cereal and I'll let you sleep when we get to the airport. I'll carry you and everything." I offered.

"Promise?" She asked hopefully.

"On my life." I said placing a hand over my heart.

She smiled, lifted her head, picked up the spoon and started eating. Selena joined us a couple minutes later. She looked completely flawless as always. She was wearing a pair of ripped skinny jeans and one of my hoodies.

We finished breakfast and got all of our luggage loaded into the jeep.

"Is that everything?" I asked once I had put the hard top back on the jeep.

"Pillows!" Selena said running back into the house. She reemerged a few moments later carrying two pillows.

"That would have been a disaster." I smiled.

"I know."

"Can we go already?" Gracie grumbled from the backseat of the jeep.

"Yes. We can go now princess." I said winking at the cranky seven year old.

I pulled out of the driveway and headed toward the airport.

Once we got checked in, I picked Gracie up and made our way to our departure gate. Like me, she was extremely tired. Selena carried both of our pillows since my arms were full. When we made it the gate, Selena placed my pillow in one of the waiting chairs and I settled in comfortably with Gracie's head on my shoulder and her arms around my neck. I snuggled into the pillow and closed my eyes. Once I was situated, Selena covered us with the blanket and sat across from us. She pulled out a book and started reading. I would catch her occasionally looking at me over the edge of her book. She had a playful smirk on her lips.