Whatever It Takes.

"Five years ago we lost

"Five years ago we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost apart of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes." My dear friend told everyone.

"Whatever it takes." The Avengers reaffirmed in unison, us formed in a circle on the platform, the Quantum Tunnel beneath our feet. 

Suited up in our Advanced Tech suits and Time-Space GPS' we all stood, ready for our last stand. This was it, so it had to count. No second chances. We were prepared for whatever lie in wait, within the past, and no matter what we had to be stronger, braver, and better than the obstacles in our way. 

"Alright, Avengers. No lolly-gagging now. We have a deadline." The Iron Man imparted, a slight grin laced across his mouth as he thought about the adventure which awaited us. 

"See you in a minute." Natasha assured, and I felt Steve grab hold of my hand before the tunnel opened up below us, the swirling vortex phasing, ready to go. 

Wrapping my hand tightly around Steve's hand as well I glanced over at him before we all just jumped right in as if the Inter-Dimensional gateway was a slide. 

The Time Heist initiating. 

Rocket and Thor to Asgard to retrieve the Reality Stone. Natasha and Clint to Vormir to get the Soul Stone. Rhodey and Nebula to Morag to obtain the Power Stone. And, Tony, Bruce, Scott, Steve and me off to New York to collect the Mind Stone, Time Stone, and Space Stone. 

2012. 

New York. 

Once being sucked out of the tunnel we all landed in a torn apart alleyway, the Battle of New York in full swing. 

The Chitauri Invasion was at it's height as it commenced on all around us, wrecking havoc and demolishing anything that stood in it's way. Under the command of Loki, Thor's brother, the assault was relentless. 

The other worldly assailants free-falling straight out of the sky from the Tesseract-powered interdenominational portal which was opened up. Serving as a doorway between Earth and Space. 

And, a few blocks down the heroes were all experiencing their first Alien attack. The army from Outer-Space completely new and petrifying to all those who witnessed it first hand, let alone dared to even try fighting against. 

Hoards of Alien foot soldiers battled it out on ground-level while flying, fang-toothed, armored monsters took to the skies, soaring like ginormous fishes in the sea. 

The phasing blue portal still creating a rift in the atmosphere, the infinite number of extraterrestrial enemies pouring out of the opening like spilled water. With every droplet being a new hoard, the battle seemingly endless against the never relenting onslaught.