Falling Out.

We were taken to the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre in Berlin, Germany

We were taken to the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre in Berlin, Germany. The holding facility grand, and substantial looking. Spanning a great distance, and tall in height the headquarters stretched across Berlin's horizon, a river running straight through it. 

Once within the building made of grey stone I was un-cuffed along with everyone else, but the guards stayed close to us, their fingers dancing along the triggers of their rifles. Them being so certain that we'd try something, and each one was prepared to shoot. 

A thin man with blonde hair, and brown eyes marched over to us, assuredness strung across his glower. He wore a nice grey suit, the shade matching the color of the facility he worked at. 

"I'm Everett Ross. Deputy Task Force Commander." The man informed us, and with the snap of his fingers we were expected to follow him. 

I remained still, glancing over at Bucky who was taken into another room. 

"What's going to happen to him?" I asked. 

"The same thing that ought to happen to you, and the Captain here," Everett declared. "Psychological evaluation, and extraction." 

With that the Commander continued on, and I was pushed forward by a guard, the shove nearly making me trip, and I had to look away. 

Sam, Steve, T'Challa, and I followed Everett as he strolled along the glass skyway.

The river below visible, and from up here I could see all of Berlin's skyline. Including the TV Tower, and the Capitol's red brick City Hall. 

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Do me a favor, stay in it." The Commander attested. 

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa, the most consenting of us, agreed. 

Once we stepped into the spacious board room Sam, and T'Challa were the first to spread out while Steve, and I were met with the billionaire Iron Man himself.

 All suave in his high tech glasses, and 3 piece Tom Ford suit he looked as content as ever, like he held all the cards in the deck. 

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Just letting you know." 

While we were under office arrest I sat at one of the chairs that was around the large rectangular meeting table. Just watching the surveillance footage as the Psychiatrist came into the room Bucky was being held in. 

"I don't mean to make things difficult, Tony." I overheard the Captain, and Iron Man chat as they sat beside me. 

"I know because you're a very polite person." 

"If I see a situation headed south I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could." Steve explained. 

"No, you don't." The rich inventor refuted, and the blonde hero accepted that. 

"No, I don't..." 

"Look, we need you Cap. So far nothings happened that can't be undone if you sign. If you both sign," Tony persuaded, one of the many things he does well. "We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American Psych Center instead of a Wakandan prison." 

"This is ridiculous. James wasn't even there in Vienna. He's obviously being set up." I fended, no longer having the handicap of keeping quiet. 

I knew I would never sign the Sokovia Accords, the same with Steve, so I had to speak out. 

"Well, do you have any proof?" Tony urged, his hands casually shoved into his navy pinstripe trousers

"I was with him when the events in Vienna happened," I remarked. "We were at home, and I remember exactly how the day went. I'm the damn proof." 

"I'm sorry, but you're not good enough," Tony stated, ready to lay down some facts. "Since your return from the ice was finally publicized after a year of silence people have started to question your true intentions." 

"No one trusts you, okay?" Tony went on. "You could of been a novelty, a heroic symbol in these challenging times just like Cap was when you first woke up, but by staying with your assassin Winter Soldier hubby, and going into hiding with him you shot that case to hell." 

"Now that everyone knows that you're out of the ice after 70 years they all doubt you now," The genius constructed. "Everyone wants Barnes behind bars, and frankly, that desire is also being projected towards you as well." 

"But, I was an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm trustworthy." I disputed. 

"Yeah, so was Pierce. He was a prominent member of S.H.I.E.L.D. too. People trusted him. Look how that turned out." 

"And, who was it who killed Pierce? Oh, that's right. Me." I challenged. 

"You killed Pierce for revenge. Not because you were overcome with a sense of do-gooder justice. There's a difference," Tony sparred, always quick with the comebacks. "He's the cause to all the effects. He's the one the whole world is pointing their fingers at. He's done all of the crimes, and now he's gotta do the time. It's just the way it is." 

"So, what do you want me to say, Tony? Sure take my husband who I've previously been separated from for 70 years, and who was a brainwashed prisoner for all that time?" I back-talked. "Yeah, go ahead, and lock him up. Falsely accuse him of something he didn't do. They still allow conjecture visits, don't they? Is that the answer you expected to get?" 

Tony just sighed, and adjusted his glasses, clearly peeved off at my defiance as usually most people just get tired of going against him in a head to head battle of words. 

"No, I know you better than that by now, Rebecca. But, it is easier to settle things with someone once they're behind bars. Which I can guarantee is probably where you're headed as a known affiliate to the Winter Soldier." 

"This is what you don't get," The Iron Man persisted. "As much as you, and Capsicle may argue this out you're not going to get the people of the world, and the big boys up in high places who say what goes, and what doesn't to completely forget about the 50+ years of irreparable damage that the Winter Soldier has done. Against his will or not, it's still his hands with all the blood on them." 

"You're right," I concluded. "I can't change the past 50+ years of irreparable damage. But, I can change this one case, and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Just think of the paperwork you'd have to do if it comes out later that James was indeed framed, and was wrongfully indicted for the attack in Vienna. That's a violation of the law, you know, Mr. Stark." 

Tony rubbed his forehead, his mouth finally running out of gas. 

"Alright, I'm going to the break-room to see if they have any decent coffee in this joint, or maybe something stronger." 

Once Tony left I caught Steve laughing as he had just been watching from the sidelines. 

"What?" 

"Has Bucky ever won an argument against you in your marriage?" 

I smirked. 

"No, he hasn't."