Cuffed.

The Black Panther kept gaining on us, leaping from one car roof to the next in a mad hunt for our capture

The police cars acted like a wave, washing throughout the tunnel, slamming the rest of the cars out off to the sidelines, out of their way. 

Steve had seized a vehicle of his own, and Sam was also now in the heat of the chase. 

A sea of blue police sirens were behind Bucky, and me, right on our tails, and from the corner of my eye I saw the Panther pounce at us, or rather, at the bike we were on. Causing it to skid sideways across the road. With only Bucky's metal arm keeping it from collapsing entirely. 

His silver hand ground against the tarmac, and fiery sparks flew up in the air. 

I held onto Bucky for dear life, a scream escaping my lips. 

I managed to turn my head around to face the Panther, and kicked him off with all the strength I could muster. 

And, as Bucky lifted the motorcycle back upright I watched as the masked man got lost within the swarm of vehicles. 

While Bucky drove on I unzipped his backpack, and pulled out a small hand grenade, one we had stolen earlier, and handed it to him. 

With that, Bucky threw the bomb at the tunnels ceiling in hopes we could finally trap the policemen, and get ahead. 

Though just before we reached the end of the tunnel a claw adorned hand snaked in between the bikes back wheel, and we were abruptly hurtled off. 

The grenade went off, causing the stone ceiling to start to crumble, and collapse, falling onto a couple of the police cars, but not enough to make a difference. There were too many of them. Too many to get away from... 

As we were aggressively knocked off the bike Bucky wrapped himself around me protectively, taking most of the impact for me, and as we rolled along the cement ground the vehicle Steve was driving toppled over as well. 

I lied there on the rubble covered ground, and I just stared up at the sky for a second. The police cars encroached around us, creating an impenetrable barrier, and hundreds of guns were armed at us. 

"You okay?" I heard Bucky ask, and I didn't have the heart to answer because truthfully, I wasn't okay. I knew what was coming, and I didn't like the outcome of it. 

Bucky helped me up, and as I stood, the blue sirens reflecting in my eyes, I knew we were in a deadlocked situation. 

Then suddenly, War Machine flew down, ready to fight as well. 

"Stand down, now." I heard Rhodey command from within his iron suit of armor. 

We were forced to give up. 

Sam, Steve, and I all put our hands up in surrender. 

"Congratulations, Cap, Rebecca... You're criminals." Rhodey said as the German officers encircled around us, their firearms still poised, ready to shoot if we made the wrong move. 

Bucky was shoved to the ground forcefully by the soldiers as they restrained him, and as I glanced down at him, his body pressed against the road, he just looked at me with such guilt ridden eyes

My hands were bound behind my back, now in handcuffs, and I watched as the mysterious Black Panther took off his mask. The Prince of Wakanda the face that was revealed to us. The man who had lost his father, the King, in Vienna. 

"Your Highness..." Rhodey averred, and we were all taken into custody. 

Bucky was placed in another containment cell within a SWAT vehicle while the rest of us were detained in the back of police cars. 

I flatly stared at the steel bars which sat between the front seats, and the back seats as the German officer drove us away. 

Sam, and Steve were together in another car, Bucky was alone in a specialized van, and I was with T'Challa as we drove to Berlin. 

"I'm sorry about your father." I spoke up, creating a rift in the silence. 

"In my culture death is not an end," T'Challa began. "It's more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands, and Bast, and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green Veldt where you can run forever. My father thought it was very peaceful, but I am not my father..." 

The Prince mournfully touched the Wakandan Royal ring on his finger, the one that only a King wore, the symbol now his. 

"I will have my revenge," He continued. "I only apologize because you are his wife." 

Now it was my turn to touch the golden ring on my hand, but my touch wasn't out of mourning, it was out of love. Because, no matter what, I loved being Mrs. Barnes. 

"Well, believe what you'd like, your Highness..." I scoffed. "I don't care what you attempt because I'll be protecting him."