Thunder.

By the thousands the Wakandan troops headed to the edge of the holographic dome to meet the two headliners in the attack

By the thousands the Wakandan troops headed to the edge of the holographic dome to meet the two headliners in the attack. Proxima Midnight, and Cull Obsidian, Children of Thanos. Sent to try again for the second time to retrieve the Mind Stone. 

However, this time the enemy came prepared... 

The mysterious pieces of fallen containment ships sunk down, pivoting deep into the red hot soil like craters on the moon. The large metal objects for now closed, inactive like a flower curling up for the night, but that didn't make them any less daunting. Much like a dormant volcano it doesn't ease the worries when you still know that what lies within is festering chaos. 

For a second all was still, the blue phasing barrier which cut across the horizon separating the heroes from the foes, and while the battle lie in wait I took to the aircraft built entirely from Vibranium. 

The jet made for the sole purpose of War, large, sleek, and full of weapons. With dual sonic cannons, and kinetic energy blasters with enough power to destroy whole cities. 

Stepping in through the opened hatch I went straight into the cockpit, the Kimoye beads I was given allowing me access to the control panel immediately. 

Scanning over the PDF, VSI, CAVU, as well as the sonic stabilizers, and the gauges to control the cannons I sat, and strapped myself in. 

Just as I was about to lift off I heard a crack in my earpiece followed by the sound of a voice coming in. 

"Rebecca?" I heard Bucky say, making me halt in my tracks. "I love-"

"Don't say it," I hastily interrupted. " If you say it then it's as good as goodbye, and it means that we won't live to see tomorrow." 

"Yeah, but-" He continued, wanting so much to say all the things that ran through his mind, but I didn't want to hear it. I couldn't hear it. 

I couldn't hear what could potentially be his last words to me, or our last conversation. I wasn't going to end up being a damn widow, and the only thing that kept me going was that both Bucky, and I would live to see the dawn of a new day. 

"We either live together, or we die together remember? So, don't say anything James, promise?" 

"Alright, Doll. I promise. Don't do anything reckless." 

"You don't either. No one hurts my Buck-Buck, got it?" 

"Got it." 

The line went dead then, and I bit my lip, swallowing back the knot that had formed in my throat. I wanted to hope, one last time. Now was not the time to think, it was time to fight. 

The dropships that jutted out like metal pyramids all suddenly opened, unfurling themselves one by one like titanium petals. Each one rising up even higher into the atmosphere, moving to grant access to release whatever hell awaited within.