Guilt.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve sought out, and Bucky frowned, still slightly disorientated

His sweat coated face smudged with grime, and blood. His brunette strands matted, falling across his forehead. He groaned in pain, noticing that his metal arm was pinned down. 

I stared into his eyes, and knew right away who it was. That condemned gaze, those tormented pools of slate blue. 

"It's James. I can tell." I stated, and Bucky looked over at me with a look of thankfulness, him feeling grateful to me, that I knew him so well that with just one glance I knew which one was my loving husband. 

"What did I do?" 

"Enough." Steve replied. 

"God, I knew this would happen..." Bucky choked out, his words riddled with anguish. "Everything HYDRA put inside of me is still there... All he had to do was say those words." 

"Who was that Psychiatrist?" I asked, wanting to rush over, and hug him, and tell him it's okay, and it's not his fault, but we had to get some answers. 

"Come on, Buck. Anything you can think of, or remember. We're being hunted by the second here." Steve pressured, time of the essence. 

"He wanted to know about Siberia, and where I was kept." 

"Why?" Sam interjected, his arms folded across his chest, the noise from the helicopter flying over us causing the warehouse to shake. 

"Because, I'm not the only Winter Soldier..." 

Bucky went on to explain to us about their most elite death squad. And, how they had more kills than anyone else in HYDRA history, even before the Super Soldier serum. 

Bucky told us about how if the Psychiatrist wanted to create chaos, and get revenge that he could do it with those 5. 

They spoke 50 languages, could hide in plain sight. Skillfully assassinate, infiltrate, and take down a whole country in one night without anyone even knowing. 

"Well, that's comforting..." Sam said. "This would of been a hell of a lot easier a week ago." 

"Can we call Tony? Maybe if we explained it to him-" Steve began, but I cut him off. 

"Tony isn't on our side anymore. And, even if he believed us, doubtfully, he wouldn't be able to help us. He signed the Accords. He's owned now." 

"She has a point." Sam concurred, and I watched as the Captain, and the Falcon drifted into another portion of the warehouse to hash it out. Their figures dissolving into the shadows of the decaying building while I stayed with Bucky. 

"You should go... Move on." I suddenly heard him say. 

"Move on from what?" 

"Me." Was his response, and my breath hitched in my throat. 

"So, you want a divorce?" 

"No, but I can't keep hurting you, Rebecca..." Bucky said, his voice raspy, strained with remorse. "Everything I did... Everything I keep doing. It's nothing compared to if I lost you. If I killed you.. I can't, I can't be the reason for your death. You don't need me. Not when you've got a guy like Steve." 

"Why is Steve being brought into this?" I defensively snapped back. 

"You should be with him..." 

"But, I don't want to be." I objected, trying to remain calm even though this conversation was tearing me apart. 

"I want to be with you, James," I spoke up. "You're the only man I've ever loved, and you think that after all I've went through to stay by your side that I'd just give up, and move on to someone else?" 

"You shouldn't have to go through this, Rebecca..." Bucky protested, the words leaving his mouth forced. Almost like he himself didn't agree with what he was saying, but his guilt was too much. His guilt towards me. 

"Yeah, in a perfect world, and in a perfect marriage I shouldn't," I disputed. "But, when you love someone you stay. You stay by their side no matter what. You do anything, and everything to remain with the one you love." 

"And...," I choked out, my eyes stinging with tears. "Never once have I ever thought about getting a divorce, but apparently you have..." 

The words I spoke had effected him, and Bucky lunged at me, going to comfort me, but the vice around his metal arm betrayed him, and he was abruptly flung backwards. 

"Come here." I heard him say, and I did. 

And, when I went over to him I was then pulled into a tight embrace. 

His flesh arm wrapping around me, bringing me as close to him as possible. His head was buried in the crook of my neck, and I felt his hot breath against my skin. 

"I'm sorry... It's just..." 

"I know, James. It's okay." I consoled, threading my hands through his brunette strands, relishing in the feeling of him just being close to me. 

I knew everything he was going to say, and there was no need for words, but I did want to clarify one thing. 

"But, seriously. You don't really want a divorce, do you?" 

"God, no." Bucky said before grabbing me by the neck, and kissing me deeply. 

Steve coughed, walking back into the room. 

"Sorry to be the third wheel again, but we gotta go. We've got backup waiting for us."