Chapter 14 • Peter's mind

IF YOU DIDN'T ALREADY FIGURE THIS OUT, THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN FROM PETER'S PERSPECTIVE. HOPE YOU ENJOY!

As a watched Tris fall, i know i have to do something. I can't just let my girlfriend die, i just cant. I run over to where she was falling to, in hopes to break her fall. Eric ran over too and as her body hit us, all three of us passed out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up quite sore, but realized that we weren't in the dauntless infermery, but the one in Erudite. It was probably closer and easier for the group. I lay here for a few minutes before deciding on opening my eyes. Im in a light blue room with rows of beds lining the walls. Is guess around 30 of them. I try to sit up, but Im not able too. I turn my head to my left to see if i can find Tris, but that sides empty. I turn my head the other way, and Tris is there with Erin right after her. Christina, Al, Uriah and Zeke stayed with us, but the others went back to the compound. For them to be able to stay, Uriah and Zeke had to pretend that they were Tris and Eric's brothers, and Al and Christina had to pretend to be my siblings. 
" Peter's up."  Christina said, almost like she didn't want me to be. Only now have i realized the one constant beeping of a heart monitor. Tris'.
"How long." are the only words i can get out in order for me to not break into a sob.
"2 days." i heard a voice say. The voice was deep and grasp, Eric's. I hadn't realized he way awake, probably by the fact that he hadn't moved. Was he parilized? Was i?  I tried to live my toes, nothing. My fingers my arms. Again nothing. It felt like i was ties to a chair with borders on top of me. But my poor Tris is dead, has even for two days without me knowing. Dead. Gone. And i dosnt even get to say goodbye. And she died thinking bad thoughts about me. I couldn't say anything. I need one last minute with her to let her know what i wanted to say for a while now. Three words. I love you. And now she's gone.