Chapter 8• This means war

I PICTURE THIS SONG PLAYING DURING THE FIGHT SCENES.

"I dare you to go up to the first person you see in the pit, and-" Peter starts, but is soon cut off by the sound of a door being kicked open, and guns being coucked behind us.

"Don't move." A familiar voice sounds through the room. Dad. "We're here for Beatrice, then we'll go."

"No. You're not gonna do that." Peter says and stands between me and the guns.

"Get out of our way or we'll shoot you both." I shove Peter out of the way and start to follow my parents down the hallway. One of them is in front of me and the other one behind. I start to rip part of my sleeve.

"What are you doing with your sleeve?" My father asks flatly.

I catch them off guard and spin around to face my dad. I take the ripped part of my sleeve and shove it in his mouth. He tries to scream but its muffled by the cloth. I grab his gun and smack the butt  of it into the side of his head.  By now my mother has turned around and pointed her gun at me. I quickly sweep he feet out from under her and doge the bullets she shot at me. Once she falls to the ground she drops her gun and i kick it away. I kick my mom in the face and she goes unconscious. I hear another body drop from behind me and quickly turn around. Christina. The bullets i dodged hit her in the arm. I rush over to her side to try and help, but I'm too late. In front of me lies her body. Lifeless on the blood soaked floor.

"Christina!" I scream to see if it would wake her up.

I feel a pair of strong arms pry me away from her. I try to get back to her but its no use. Eventually i sink into there arms. I figured it was Eric carrying me until i saw him coming towards me with a gun. The only person that would need to be at gunpoint is my father.

"Put. Me. Down." I say sternly.

" Someone thinks that they're so tough after joining a faction full of idiots." He spits at me.

"Guess your mot as smart as you use to be." I say before kicking him where it counts. I'm almost instantly dropped to the ground and i scurry away before being picked up by another pair of arms. These ones aren't as strong. A hand clamps over my mouth and the first thing i can think to do is lick it so i do.

"Eww. Tris do you want to be saved or not?" Uriah questions from behind me.

"Sorry." I apologize. "By the way, i have legs and they still work." Uriah puts me down and we both run. I don't know where we're running to, bit we're going somewhere.

Soon enough i hear a faint train horn from the distance. We're redoing the first part of training. Uriah pulls himself on with ease before helping me up. On the train i find the rest of the Candor or Dauntless group and sit down. Peter's on my right and Eric's on my left. As of now we're on the run and there is a war starting at dauntless. I'm considered a starter by many of the dauntless members. I feel a piece of paper in my pocket that wasn't there before.

Erudite is out for all the divergents
lots of love, Dad.

Erudite planned this. I show the paper to Peter and Eric and the rest of the group. Suddenly the train car stops. Right in front of Erudite. The car starts to flood with Erudite members and two Dauntless members. Four and Christina.

" Isn't she supposed to be dead?" Eric whispers to Peter who is right behind me.

" Isn't whispering supposed to be quite?" I sass back, punching some Erudite in the face.

" All I'm saying is that we watched her die in front of us. I checked for a pulse but there was none. How did it work." Peter now chimes in and kicks someone's side.

"Four." Eric and Peter both give me clearly confused looks. "He was born in Erudite. He could have planned it out with them. The only way my dad could have known is if he was told while he was in Erudite, or during the choosing ceremony. I was with him at the choosing ceremony. don't you think i would have seen if he was having a suspicious conversation with another faction?" Somehow i managed to get this all out without being attacked.

" We should probably trust you because in the middle of war we cant turn on our own kind." I look up to see a crowd of people dressed in blue, ether falling out of the train from it's sudden turn, or lying unconscious on the ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We get back to dauntless and have to hide out faces from the crowd so that we don't get beaten up. Initation continues, but instead of dauntless talking it's more of was training. We need it more than anything at this point. Just last night i was beat up by someone draging me off my bed by my hair. I have a feeling it's going to happen again tonight, but Eric offered his couch for me to sleep on. I take his offer amd go to his apartment after training.

When i get there, something felt, off. I was more stressed than usual, which wasn't a good think "Tris." Eric calls to me in a worried voice, breaking my chain of thought. I look over to see him looking out the window. I see rows soon rows of people marching. It mostly looks like blurrs of blue. They're comming.