Chapter 5• Time to fight

I PICTURE THIS SONG PLAYING WHILE TRIS AND PETER ARE FIGHTING IF THERE WAS A MOVIE.

"First fight, Peter verse Tris." I heard Eric's voice bellow across the room. I look over at Peter and he gives me a nod of approval. It almost looks like he's forfeiting. I take a step onto the ring with Peter and mouth to him that I'm forfeiting. 'I want to lose' were my exact words. He looked confused, but did what I asked. As soon as Eric said go, Peter came running at me. I tried to move out of the way, but Peter's arm had got around my waist before I could, pulling me to the floor. As he pinned me I felt his lips next to my ear.

"Get up." He whispered. As he did he rose off me and offered me a hand up. I graciously take it, and pull myself to my feet. "Is that what you wanted?" Peter yells at Eric. I felt lightheaded and drowsy so I put my hand on Peter's shoulder to stable myself. He sees that I'm tipsy so he puts him arm around my waist and helps me off. "I'm not, going to fight her." Peter says to Eric, while pointing at his chest, as we walk off. Peter helped me over to the bench where we both sat down. I felt even dizzier, and my head was pounding so hard I felt like it was going to break my scull. "Thanks for that, but I can handle myself in that ring you know." I said quietly to Peter.

"I know you can, but I want to protect you." Peter said, a hint of affection lacing his tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyone out!" I hear Eric yell at us. I get up a little too quick, as I'm already feeling quite drowsy, and fall to the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I slowly flutter my eyes open, and see Peter beside me, on my hospital bed, holding my hand in his. I give it a little squeeze to let him know that I'm awake. "She's up." Peter said.

I sit up and see Molly, Will and Eric in the room. I can tell that Eric is mad at Peter for putting me in this situation, as he refuses to look him in the eye. I expected them to so say something, but Eric is the only one to get up. He rush to my side, and gave me a hug which was a bit too tight. I wince at the slight pain shooting through my back.

"The nurse said that you had a minor concussion. Tris, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault-" Peter started, but Eric cut him off.

"Damn right it's all your fault."

"If you hadn't made us fight each other I would be fine right now." I explain

"No. If I hadn't you would have up against someone else who wouldn't have stopped after one hit. So I did you a favor."

"So why are you getting mad at Peter after he stopped and protected me."

"There's no use in this argument. Next time you're going against someone harder." Eric finished before walking out of the room.

I lay back down, and as I do so, Peter slides how arm around my shoulder and lays down with me. I notice that Will and Molly are still in the room. I shoot up and see that they haven't moved either. I get up and wave my hand in front of their faces. Still nothing. I also realize that there hasn't been a nurse in my room, or in the halls. My chain is broken by one of the Dauntless-born initiates bursting through the door. He has dark skin and is painting, almost like he's hipervenalating.

"Everyone's frozen!" He exclaims.

"WHAT!" I practically yell at the boy.

"The name's Uriah." He said, extending how hand towards me. As I shake it he winks at me.

"I'm Tris." I reply "And this is Peter." I say gesturing to him, showing that's who it is. Uriah and Peter shake hands and Uriah explains how he found out.

"So, I was talking with my brother, Zeke, when all of a sudden, puff." He says, making a big gesture within hands. "He froze." He finished. "I ran outside to get help, and everyone else was frozen as well, I saw someone walk out of this room, so I came in, figuring that there had to be something that caused him to leave."

We searched the headquarters for clues, until Peter called us over, I'm assuming because he found one.

"What?" I asked impatiently.

"We could get free tattoos!" He exclaims.

"Are you kidding me?" Uriah sasses. "We're in the middle of a crisis and you're thinking about getting a tattoo."

"What about that?" I question.