Chapter 6• The clues

I PICTURE THIS SONG AS TRIS PETER AND URIAH ARE RUNNING FROM THE GAURDS.

"What about this?" i say pointing at a clock i had noticed stopped moving.

"Its probably just a broken clock." Uriah said. He might be right, but ive got this gut feeling that it means something. 4:44. Thats the time Iys stopped at. I glance at the watch i just got from the pit yesterday. 4:44. Its not moving either.

"I don't think its just a broken clock. All the clocks are stopped at 4:44." I point out. Four. We look at eachother and start to run down the hall, towards four's apartment.  I start to wonder how he did it. If he injected people they would have felt it.

"Stop right there!" I heard a loud deep voice boom from behind us. We dont stop. I keep running as fast as my legs can take me. Peter has my hand and is running beside me. I know that he can run faster, but he slowed down. No wonder he didn't choose Erudite. We quickend our pace as we heard a gun couck  from behind us. We run as bullets clattered on the floor underneath us. Suddenly Peter stopped i look over to see a mark where the bullet hit him in the leg.

"Bullet-proof clothes." He exclaimes. I guess he could ne Erudite.

"Smart." I reply, helping him to his feet.  We here more gun shots and duck behind the wall.

"Here. Put this on." Peter says, handong me a bullet-proof jacket and a pair of bullet-proof pants. I quickly put it on, before darling down the halls with Peter.

We lost Uriah but ive been here enough to know where Im going. We barge into Four's apartment and without shock, he sitting at his desk and his computer is open to the footage from the security cameras. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" Four asked us, raising a gun to out heads.  I see Uriah in tue corner of the room.

"We're here for him." I say sternly. "Then we'll go." 

"Okay." Four replied, a smugg smile on his face.

"We need him alive." I add.

"Getting greedy here aren't we." Four exclaimes.

"Hurry up." I say raising my gun to his head. Four shifts his to me, and Peter points his to Four. 

"Two against one? Isn't this a bit unfair?" Four pouts

"You put this upon yourself when you parelized  everyone." i said as flatly as possible.  "Give us what we want and we'll leave. Uriah and the cure."

"And what if i don't?"

"Then we shoot." Four lowers his gun and puts it on the floor. I take no procotions and kick it away. He turns and gets Uriah. The second Four release his grip, Uriah runs between both Peter and i.

"What about the cure." I remind Four.

"Right." Is all i get.

A minute later Four returns with a suringe in hand. I can see a gold serum in it. Before i can react four injects me with the serum.

"I kept my word, so now keep yours or your little friend here, is as good as dead." He tretend.

We left the room and i started running towards the infirmary without saying anything. The serums ware off. If there's a serum cure it has to be some variation of the parilicric serum. Thats all i can think about. I hear Peter and Uriah's footsteps from behind me, catching up to me.

"So, what exactly are you doing?" Peter asked me as soon as he was army side.

"All serum ware off. We just have to wait." I reply.

"So your plan is to sit and wait."

"Yep. Pretty much. It dosent sound as smart when you say it though." I say being sad as a joke. Its clear that Peter was consurned to see me upset, which just mad we laugh. We stop to let Uriah catch up with us.

"Whats so funny?" Peter asked, confusion lacing his tone. That only made me laugh harder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once we reach my room i walk on to see a note on the bed.

Mom and Dad are not happy that you left them. I think they know aboit training.
~E