Chapter 10 • Going Home

I swung myself into the moving train and stumbled a bit at my loose footing.  I turn and see Eric at the side of the train.  He's asleep with his mouth hanging open just enough for a fly to fit in.  I walk over quietly and wake him up the same way he would walk me.  I shoved my pointer finger in the small opening of his mouth just in time for him to jerk upward. He came up the same time the train went over a bump. I took a couple steps backward, but Eric ended up on the floor of the car. He looked at me, slightly confused as I'm still in the erudite outfit Claire let me keep.
"Hey asleep head." I say mockingly. He use to tell me that every time he woke me up. His face reverend back to normal once he heard my voice. Eric has always been weird in the sorts that he recognize voices more than he can recognize faces.
"Tris?" Eric asks confusion and worry lacing his raspy tone like go wants it to be me, just me, but isn't sure what Joanna did to me, if i was like Christina, another dead body being controlled.

"In the flesh!" I say as Eric gets off the floor that he's still on, pulls me into a ruff bear hug. He laughs at me comment and i tell him how i got out on the ride back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we get back to the compound all of the drama's resulaved and Peter, Al, Will, Edward, Uriah, Marlene and Lynn all rushed over to me. I felt so much better with all of them here.

"Maybe, now that we aren't afraid that a war is going to break out, we can continue our game of Candor or Dauntless." Peter seggests.

"I have another idea. Meet in the pit at 5:00." Eric mentioned before running off somewhere. It is 4:03 right now so we have around an hour left. We walk to the dorms and i expect to find Molly there, but i can't find her.

"Where's Molly?" I ask, starting to get worried.

My question was followed by silence until Al decided to step up and actually say something. "She went to jump onto the net, but the net wasn't there. She's in the infirmary with a broken back."

"Well why don't we go see her. We still have 45 minutes until Eric wanted us to meet."

Everyone just nodded and we half-walked-half-sprinted down to the infirmary.

"Molly Atwood?" I ask

"B4" The man behind the reception desk says as he gives me a wink. I fight the urge to slap him in the face and back into Peter's chest. He puts his hands protectively on my waist until we get to Molly's room.

"Hey. How are you?" Molly asks me as soon as I walk in.

"How am I? How are you? Your the one who fell off a building."

"And your the one who just got kidnapped."

"I actually offered to go, and I'm fine. I have a feeling that Al left out some details when he explained what happened, so how exactly did you end up here?" I said, epficizing 'exactly'.

"Well i went to jump into the net like we did initiation, for a dare that Peter gave me, and there was no net." She said simply.

"So were you just not going to tell me or what?" I ask, this time facing towards Peter.

"I was i just didn't know how. It's not that easy Tris okay."

"It's not that easy?"

"Oh, what was i supposed to say, 'Hey our best friend is now paralyzed because of a stupid dare that i told her to do. Oh ya whats for breakfast?'". Peter's now yelling at me.

"That's better than not telling me at all!" I'm now yelling back at him.

"Anyway Eric wants us in the pit in five minutes so we better get going." I say before flashing him a sarcastic smile and walking out of the room. In the five minutes it took us to get to the pit, i didn't hear one person say a word to me. Once we got to the pit i hear Eric come up from behind us.
"You guys made it." Eric says unenthusiastically.
I glance at my watch. 5:01. " Oh my god, we were one minute late." I say frustrated.
I hear Eric mumble something along the lines of 'what's up with her today'. 
"You said you had something you wanted us to do?" I ask impatiently.
"Ya. We're going to play dare." Eric says with a sadistic grin plastered on his face.

SORRY THIS IS KIND OF JUST A FILLER CHAPTER