BTS - NAMJOON

IF YOU ARE GOING TO READ YOU NEED TO READ EVER CHAPTER

6,412 WORDS
Despite the Starbucks at the other side of the road, there was never a day where there were any free seats in the little café you worked in. It seemed as if people in Camden actually appreciated the independent, unique spirit of that little coffee shop with the deep pink and light blue walls and prefered it to the common look of the competitive chain. And you would lie if you said you didn't like working here, regardless of your rather good wage, but it was in fact the most stressful way you could have chosen to earn money. So many customers, so many cups to clean and dishes to wash, so many teas to brew and pastries to arrange.

You dropped out of uni to focus on your art but quickly started to feel like one of those pathetic wannabe painters that think they can make it, yet never will. These are hard times for you, there's no denying, but you were never quite the complaining one. This is why you came here everyday, punctual and in your uniform, and why you worked two shifts sometimes and also why you kept quiet about Namjoon.

He was one of your co workers, the worst imaginable co worker of all. Not only was he lazy as hell, standing at the counter the entire day and making bad jokes rather than coffee, no, he was also constantly distracting you. Not only with his utterly stupid behaviour and his permament talking, he really was the loudest and most obnoxious boy you've ever met, no, unfortunately, he looked like the goddamn epitome of perfection on top of it all.

He had rich parents but left home a long time ago to, just like you, pursue his dream. He was a musician, even if he looked like a frat boy with his blonde hair that flicked up under the snapbacks he occasionally wore when the boss wasn't around and his tanktops, hoodies and tight jeans and sneakers.

Plus, he was charming. No matter how annoying he was, he still managed to make you smile like a bloody idiot at least two times a shift and those were just a few of the many reasons why Namjoon upset you.

It is extraordinarily bad today. An usually hot summer's day turned into a thunderstorm at around 3PM and tourists swamped the café looking for shelter like the rain flooded the streets. It's incredibly muggy out and disgustingly stuffy inside.

"I really need a milkshake.", a young woman at the other side of the counter says.

"We got six different flavors.", you explain and it's about the hundredth time you say this today. "Strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, banana, hazelnut and lemon. Also, if you generally want a cold beverage, we have three different smoothie options and iced coffee."

"I'm taking a large vanilla milkshake, thanks.", the woman orders and you turn around to tell Namjoon to prepare it, but he's shaking his head. He runs his fingers through his hair and wheezes: "I can't. It's too fucking warm. I'm done. I'm about to faint."

"You're not fainting, you're just being a dick. Help me for god's sake, do you see the queue?"

The next man in line gives you a weird look and you smile at him as nice as possible. You constantly have to remind yourself to spare cuss words and turn off your sarscasm during work. Namjoon sighs and gives in as he sees that Emma, your other co worker, is too busy preparing other customer's orders to make the milkshake as well.