Talking to the River 11

Lan WangJi nodded and silently followed Wei Yang. They got inside the room where Wei WuXian was still sound asleep. Facing each other they kneeled. Wei Yang spoke up straightforwardly "Why are you with my brother?"

Lan WangJi "..."

Wei Yang's brows twitched, he was already very irritated at his lack of emotions "Do you truly care about brother Ying?"

Lan WangJi "I do."

Wei Yang was not going to believe him so easily "Huuh, is that so? Since when?"

Lan WangJi "... since he came to study at Gusu."

Wei Yang "And when did that happen?"

Lan WangJi "When we were 15"

Wei Yang was a little surprised "15?! So you've loved him until today? He doesn't even have the same body or the same face anymore."

Lan WangJi "The vessel does not matter, what matters is the soul."

Wei Yang couldn't shake off the protective feeling he felt towards his brother "So it doesn't bother you that you are talking to me, someone with the same face as him?"

Lan WangJi "You do not have the same face"

Wei Yang sneered "No, we don't but we are fairly alike."

Lan WangJi admitted "Yes, you are."

Wei Yang directed him a sneaky question "Then how about I ask it to you this way; would you prefer brother with his own body, or with this body he possesses?"

Lan WangJi was silent for a while. Just as Wei Yang started to think he wouldn't answer he heard his voice say "I would prefer his own body..."

Wei Yang couldn't hold his silent laughter "Pfft hahahaha and here you are saying so elegantly that the vessel does not matter but still have a preference of the face"

Lan WangJi "The vessel does not matter. I would prefer him in his own body but my affection does not lessen because he has a different one."

Wei Yang pressed "If it does not lessen then why do you have a preference?"

Lan WangJi did not answer. Wei Yang was already annoyed of his words which lacked emotions. He knew a thing or two about homosexual relationships too, he asked again, cunning "Do you not feel uncomfortable kissing and etcetura with some face of a person you have never met?"

Lan WangJi stayed silent again. Wei Yang didn't realize it but anybody who spent so much time with Lan WangJi would see the slight frown in his face. The silence pushed Wei Yang to his limit, just as he was about to lose his temper Wei WuXian turned to his side and murmured "...-an"

They turned their heads at him in unity and quieted. After a while, Wei Yang's eyes widened hearing Wei WuXian spoke again "... Lan Zhan"

Lan WangJi stood up in an instant, he was about to stride forward when Wei Yang hold his wrist harshly. He was looking at him with cold, dissatisfied eyes. They looked at each other for a while. Wei WuXian, on the other hand, was getting uneasy without hearing the answer he was expecting. He tossed and turned to his sides anxiously, he whined "Lan Zhann"

Without a trace of an emotion, Lan WangJi swiftly freed his wrist and stood next to Wei WuXian. He was looking at his lover with warm, gentle eyes as he answered "Mn... I am here."

Wei WuXian exhaled a relived breath and shifted closer to Lan WangJi's voice. Lan WangJi then took off the single boot hanging from Wei WuXian's left foot which he failed to take off before falling to sleep. He then put Wei WuXian in a proper sleeping posture and was about to walk back where he came from. Just as he turned back, he felt something tug at his sleeve. He glanced at Wei WuXian's slim fingers clenching around his clothe. Through his closed eyes, Wei WuXian whispered "...stay..."

"Mn" without hesitation, Lan WangJi obeyed and kneeled right beside Wei WuXian. Seeing Lan WangJi had no intention of coming back, Wei Yang sighed. He stood up, when he was right in front of him he kneeled again. He was surprised to catch the sight of tenderness Lan WangJi's eyes and movements showed towards his brother. He wasn't as irritated as before but he wasn't satisfied either. He asked bluntly this time "Answer me one more thing. Are you serious about my brother or are you just toying with him?"

Lan WangJi "We are married. How could I be more serious?"

Wei Yang narrowed his eyes "I wouldn't know. Maybe you are just having a good time with him now and throw him away once you're bored?"

Lan WangJi "I could never be bored of him and I could never throw him away."

Wei Yang still wasn't satisfied, he murmured "Of course you would say that to my face."

Without giving him a chance to ask anything Lan WangJi spoke again "I am in love with your brother. I have been ever since I met him."

Wei Yang was surprised. He looked at Lan WangJi's cold eyes. They were making a contrast with his sentimental words. After staring at him some more, trying to understand the person in front of him, he closed his eyes in defeat. He smiled. His brother was the one who choose him and he always trusted his choices. He just wanted to erase the feeling of worry from his chest. Now he was finally satisfied enough that this Lan WangJi person cared for his brother, that he would not upset his brother. He nodded his head in return. Wei Yang then got up and straightened his clothes. He extended his hand towards still kneeling Lan WangJi. Lan WangJi hesitated for some time but in the end he held Wei Yang's hand and shook it. Wei Yang glanced at his sleeping brother once more "I will be heading out. I heard brother head a... uh... General? Is he around here too? I would like to meet him too. Can you call him for me and introduce me with him?"

Lan WangJi "Okay"

With a small shake of his head, Wei Yang walked out of the room.