Talking to the River 10

After they wrangled for a while they finally calmed down. Looking at his brothers happy face Wei Yang smiled and then solemned again, he spoke "Brother" after recieving his brothers full attention he continued "Do you remember there was this one time when I was so upset that without our parents ashes, we didn't even have a place to talk with our parents or mourn."

Wei WuXian seemed indifferent "Was there such a time?"

Wei Yang smiled slightly before continuing "Yes. You held my hand and took me to the nearest river. You opened your arms wide and told me 'they are here Yang! We may seem unfortunate but it's the contrary. We are lucky because we can talk to our parents at all rivers around the whole world! Whenever I get into a river I feel their presence, whenever I talk to the river I feel they're listening to me!'... it was your words that kept me going brother."

Wei Yang took in a deep breath, he asked "Did you tell about him to the river?"

Wei WuXian stopped for a second, his face was still indifferent. When he was finally defeated by his smile, he spoke "Of course I have."

Wei Yang closed his eyes, lowering his head he smiled too as he whispered "Of course you have..." His brother telling the river about Lan WangJi meant just how mush he cared for him. He knew his brother sometimes spoke with the river casually, just to ease his stress. Except for these casual talks, Wei WuXian was someone who held everything inside. Both about his love and hate, he would only truly talk about it if his emotions were really deep or strong. This made him feel relieved somehow.

The two brothers sat there for hours, speaking about both major stuff and trivial stuff, catching up with each other. They ate one dish after another. Wei WuXian insisted they had to drink Emperor's Smile since they were in Gusu and ordered two jars. Wei Yang wasn't so fond of alcohol so he only drank a couple of cups, but it was enough to make his face flush and get a little drunk. Wei WuXian pointed and laughed at him, making fun of how easily he got drunk. Him on the other hand finished his jar, and his brothers half empty jar. His face flushed and him too got slightly drunk. Not feeling satisfied he ordered another. Now that he was with his brother, he had nothing to hide. He didn't have to suppress anything either, not his feelings, not his suffering, not his wails. It had been a long time since he let himself loose completely so he was determined to get drunk. After some more unimportant chitchatting they decided to get to an inn.

It was halfway through the night when they got to the inn and get themselves a room. Wei WuXian was almost completely leaning on Wei Yang and laughing loudly as he was bubbling something not understandable. Wei Yang already didn't drink that much. Now that he was trying to half-carry his brother inside the room he was much less sober. On one side at the room there were two beds when on the other side there were a round table and cushions. Once they were inside the room Wei WuXian tried tossing away his boots and lied on one of the beds. He fell asleep in no time. Wei Yang, however, after making sure his brother was asleep, got out of the room and got down to the hall. While they were walking towards the inn, he saw with the side of his eye that the others were following them from a distance. As he had assumed, they were in the hall. All their faces was showing different emotions. Lan QiRen's face was flushed slightly but he was trying to maintain his indifference, Jiang Cheng's and Jin Ling's faces was twisted in a weird way when Lan SiZhui and Lan JingYi's faces were dark with sorrow and astonishment. On the other hand Lan WangJi's face showed almost no emotions. He was only looking down with a solemn face. His brother smiles so tenderly even at the mention of Lan WangJi's name. He even told about him to the river! So upon seeing his lack of emotions, although Wei Yang didn't say anything, he was irritated. He walked past Lan WangJi and turned towards Lan QiRen "Was it worth you time?"

Lan QiRen didn't give him a sarcasting, wry answer this time. He kept his silence. So Wei Yang spoke again "If you still did not understand and going to ask why I was the one who stayed at the mountains and not him, I will answer it for you. I was very sick ever since I was born, my condition didn't even allow me to go outside and play. That is also the answer to why nobody ever knew of my existence. When our parents died and we were forced to live on the streets. Even at my young age, I knew I wouldn't last long. Of course, brother Ying knew it as well. He tried very hard to not show his worries to me. He would always bring me food but barely eat any himself, saying he ate already. He would always let me rest but he himself only slept when he was at the edge of fainting from fatigue. He actually fainted sometimes too. We lived like that for a year. Even with brother Ying doing everything he can, my condition kept on worsening. I was aware that my time limit was approaching. One night I woke up nearly choking in my own blood. It seems I threw up blood in my sleep. When brother heard my coughs and saw the blood he was as pale as paper. I've never seen him be so agitated before. Somehow we got through the night. In the morning though, after we woke up we weren't in that sideroad anymore. We found ourselves on a brimming heaven-like mountain. It was the infamous mountain of BaoShan SanRen. Shortly after we woke up, she greeted us herself. She conversed with us for some time and then she made her offer; 'I would like to welcome you in this mountain but sadly I cannot take both of you. In this mountain of mine, only one person of the same family can reside. I want you to please chose who will accompany me.' Before I had the time to understand what was happening brother Ying suddenly stood up and started laughing. He pointed at her, spoke vulgarly with BaoShan SanRen and runned around, picked delicate flowers, smelling and tossing them away. Basically he stirred up trouble with all his might. And as a result BaoShan SanRen told him he was not suitable to live in the mountains. Brother knew of BaoShan SanRen's reputation and he was also aware that my body was at the edge of collapsing. He did not take any chances and got himself casted out. That was how he went back to the streets and I got to stay. Even with BaoShan SanRen, it took a decade for me to be healed."

Wei Yang measured everyones faces before looking back at Lan QiRen's pale face "You were correct. He really was casted out of the mountains. Are you satisfied now?"

Not getting an answer from his opponent again, Wei Yang shook his head. He turned around, took a couple steps and then he stopped. He tilted his head to the side "Mr. Lan WangJi, would you please accompany me? The rest, have a good night."