Moon Seven

Moon Seven

I have no idea what time I got home, I didn't bother to check the time. All I did was wander up to my bedroom where I fell asleep on the floor, fully clothed.

I was woken by my phone ringing, opening an eye; I slowly sat up and reached for my right where my phone was plugged into its charger. I stared at the name before pressing the button.

"Tony?" I answered before clutching my head due to a throbbing behind the eyes.

"Hey how are you doing?" He asked concerned, I sat up fast, head spinning wildly.

"Not too bad," I lied, thinking it didn't matter.

"Yeah right, you just telepathically mentioned you feel like you've been out drinking." I cussed silently.

"Heard that too," he added.

"Shut up," I muttered lying back down on the bed, "anyway what do you want?"

"Good news is the Sumanitu Taku appears to have left the area," Tony told me, "I haven't been able to hear their thoughts for a while."

"How does that mean they've left?" I retaliated, "it could mean that they've left your hearing range."

"But that is rather far," Tony admitted, "from New York to Kentucky."

"More like New York to New Castle," I told him, he sighed.

"Yeah I suppose at the moment it is," he said, "I've been out of practice for some time." I stared at the phone.

"You're kidding me," I answered, "dude why didn't you tell me?"

"Cos I didn't think it mattered at the time."

"Dude," I began almost about to rant at him, but then something struck my mind.

"Hey Tony, have you heard... From.....?"

"You mean," he hesitated as well, "from her?" I nodded.

Yes, from her.

No, it's strange because I was unable to hear from her until.... The thoughts stopped.

Tony, don’t leave me out on a ledge!

Sorry but I only just remembered, I wasn’t going to tell you but…

But what Tony, spit it out! I heard him sigh.

Alright, I’m not going to tell you. I think it would be better if I showed you. I’m going to try transferring it to you, it may hurt but I think the message itself will bring more pain than the impact of you receiving it. I thought for a moment.

I’d been told that it would hurt, not by Tony but by Ted whom he had practiced on when he first started. Basically he’d send messages which was imagery through to other wolves by shutting his body down for about however long it would take to use his energy to pass the message from his long term memory in his brain to the receivers short term (which meant I would only remember it for about a week if I chose not to hold on to it). The pain was due to the sender using all his physical strength possible to pass the message on so that I could receive it and the connection was like him physically entering my body. It was like he’d pierce my brain with a needle and then slowly pass a tiny tube right into it.

I knew the implications, but that didn’t matter.

Alright send it.

Get ready, I recommend lying down; I’ll take about two minutes to get ready. That was the last I heard of him for a while. Hanging up, I placed my phone back on charge and left it on silent mode.

***************************************************************

Taking my shoes, jacket and shirt off I lay bare chest, still in my jeans on the bed, making sure I was in a comfortable position as I closed my eyes; shortly after Tony’s voice was in my head.

Ok I’ve checked the length of the message and have decided that it’ll take at least ten minutes for me to send it to you. Which is bad considering my body will be under great strain for that long and you’ll be in pain.

I don’t care damn it! Just send away!

Ok, brace yourself.

I blinked before keeping my eyes open and breathing gently.

So far not… I was cut off by a sharp jolt of pain rushing to the front of my skull, as the seconds passed it quickly increased. Clenching my teeth I closed my eyes feeling a hard heavy throb echo in my mind. It was like I was being stabbed by thousands of needles piercing my head, going deeper and deeper into my brain.

It soon reached other parts of my body; my arms felt like they’d been hacked at, breathing almost impossible as my lungs felt prickly like pins and needles through them. My heart pumped fast and I could feel the adrenalin pumping through me.

Man if this is ten minutes, I can’t imagine how much Ted must have felt after half an hour of this…

Slowly this pain ran down to my legs and thighs in extreme and painful cramps that attacked my muscles particular the joints which I was unable to stretch out. Perspiration began to trickle off my temple and my eyes felt strangely heavy. Without much panic into the thought, I came to this realization.

I’m already too weak, I knew it! I’m not going to make it through the whole thing…But… Her face came to my image.

Luna… She’d be counting on me to know… Her last known thoughts…

Cole I must stop! You’ll die if I send you any more!

No, I can bear it Tony! I’m tired yes but not tired enough that it’ll destroy me!

But you’re so weak as it is! Emotionally as well as physically! If I keep this up, there’s no telling if…

DON’T STOP I didn’t hear retaliation to it. Sighing I closed my eyes and swallowed my suddenly dry throat.

Please, continue I pleaded my breathing much shallower than before. I didn’t hear an answer to it but I could tell he understood for the pain got much worse.