Moon Two

Moon Two

I was glad to see the back of the school building once classes were over. School was boring and even with Luna around it did not ease the boredom and the desire to shoot myself (not literally) in the head. I was able to go over to my Yamaha and get ready for the twenty minute trip home.

I stared at the black shiny paint; a silver line with a jagged body ran along it. It started near the handle bars and ended about less than an inch from the top of the tyre.

WHO THE HELL.....? I clenched my fists anger fuming up within me. How dare they touch it!

I glared at everyone around me. No one seemed to be the culprit, which might have been a good thing since I would have ripped their throats out if I'd found them...

Damn... They’d used a coin as well, what kind of person would stoop so low and use a quarter to damage my ride?

They'll pay....I'll make sure of...

"Is something wrong Cole?" I paused, swinging round to see Gwen and her timid and weak excuse of a boyfriend Pete standing nearby, both looking somewhat concerned and anxious to be near me.

I growled in the back of my throat at her, "It’s none of your business."

"She was just trying to be considerate," Pete demanded slowly moving in front of her. For once he did not seem spineless. I felt my claws slowly retract and then I paused as I heard noise from nearby. Lunetta was getting in her car, her hair slowly trailed behind a little, a spray of a white stream, lovely in the slowly fading light. I immediately felt myself come to a complete sense of rest.

I slowly turned to them my face still twitching instinctively from the desire to remove Pete’s face from his head.

"There is nothing wrong," I said putting a smile on (hiding the obvious points in my teeth using my under bite). They stared at me nervously and slowly backed away, muttering to each other. Smug I turned back to where I'd seen the angel but she was gone, her car and all traces vanished.

*********************************************************************

The ride home seemed endless; we lived on the other side of town. In bad traffic it took about half an hour to get home, fifty minutes if someone’s remains had splattered everywhere.

I stopped at the end of our driveway, our rather small house was plonked on the top of a hill, with trees at the bottom perimeter and grass covering most of the area with a straight dirt driveway that went up the hill to the house.

Our number was fifty two. It wasn't a bad street, our area had lots of land and so each house was widely spaced apart. It would probably take five minutes to visit the wild family of five kids who lived in number fifty three or that funny old man who seemed to have Playboy magazines sitting on his table beside his pond or at least a brunette or a blonde in a small swim suit arrive at his front door and leave five hours later with her hair in a mess. I could bet he was related to Hugh Heffner.

Our letterbox squeaked as I lifted the lid up, finding the rust had nearly destroyed the hinges. I picked up the few envelopes we received and glared at the catalogues we'd been sent.

"Improve your well being, take krill pills and you'll feel a hundred percent revitalised," I read on the top one.

Yeah right.

I left the junk mail in our letter box, closing the lid as I jammed the envelopes in my bag before revving my engine and travelling up the hill.