Moon Twenty Three

Moon Twenty Three

Ruben pounced at me in less than a moment. Prepared I dug my claws into his forearms as he sent me to the ground. I quickly morphed and was prepared to fight for my life as everyone started to scatter. A few stayed in close range while I battled the enemy.

Never in my life had I wanted to destroy someone as much as him. He'd ruined my life and it would take a thousand years before I'd even consider forgiving him.

"You think you can beat me?" Ruben growled, his saliva dripping onto my face, "pathetic, that's all you are!" I snarled hard and threw him off, sluggishly getting on all four paws.

"You wish," I growled as we both morphed back. I heard a scream from nearby; I recognized it as Narcissi's voice. While Ruben was grounded I dashed for the trees.

********************************

In the woods, the triplets were in trouble. Alan and Liam were both pinned down by two large werewolves, their pale fur nearly brown as dirt was rubbed into them. I was about to change back and help when I heard Narcissi scream.

"Get out of the way!" I watched as she ran past me, hair streaming, and form slowly morphing as she went onto all fours. I stared as she gained a taller stance, longer white hair and a long face? I blinked hard as her face became longer and more curved, her behind growing a clump of fine fair hair as a tail and a pale coat covered her body. I was in disbelief as she slowed her pace to reveal what she had become. I scratched my head in amazement.

"Well, that’s new."

She neighed loud and reared up at the wolves before pounding down on them, digging her hooves into their fur. They yelped as she drew blood. I watched them as they rose off their victims to snap and slash at her. She turned on her heels and galloped off leading them away from her family. I immediately went to their aid as they slowly morphed back.

"You alright," I asked helping them both sit up by clutching one of their arms each. They nodded though I could imagine that both of them were somewhat dazed from nearly passing out.

"We'll survive," Liam said as they both shoved me off and stood up at the same time. Damn they were rude.

"Where did sis go?" Alan asked as they peered around.

"Probably to her death," I said with very little empathy. Liam gave me the finger. I rolled my eyes.

"I can track her down, if you want." I suggested, "Horse is a very strong scent, so it should be easy."

"Do it!" Alan said firmly. I didn't argue with that. At that moment my nostrils flared at the distinct smell.

"She's in the east," I said turning to the direction. They rushed past me, morphing to their grey hides as they did. I wonder why we bothered getting their help in the first place.

*************************************************************

Time had gone rather quickly much to my surprise. Before I knew it I was searching for the others. I held branches aside to look in front of me when I heard rustling in the bushes behind. I quickly morphed and saw three wolves come up slowly, prowling as they did.

I growled as the fur rose on my back. As one of them leapt I to joined them, our jaws bashing into each others as we pushed back against the other. As me and this wolf stayed head to head I heard a howl as a dark brown wolf pounced onto another, snapping at the neck while another one, roan came too and snarled at the remaining enemy.

About time! I told Tony as I leaned to the side, missing a bite.

Sorry, Bronson was caught up and Jay wasn't much help! Tony answered back while he tore flesh off the wolf in blood chunks.