Chapter 10

David's P.O.V: Right before Emma got summoned by her grandmother.

"What is going on?" Brandon asked and seconds later Emma disappeared from the room.

"It's her grandma again." I said answering his question.

"Oh I don't mean about her. What is going on with you? I knew she was going to her grandmas. I'm not stupid. I'm surprised Emma didn't notice anything about you though." Brandon said. Brandon is the second person who can tell what I'm feeling by just looking at me. The first one is Emma, but Emma can only tell what's wrong with me by hearing it in my voice. I'm good at masking my voice, but with my face it's different. I really didn't want to talk about last night so I just tried to lie to him.

"What do you mean by what's going on? There's nothing going on." I said avoiding eye contact with him.

"Look David, I know there's something going on. You could either tell me or I can just read your mind."

"What if I don't want to tell you?"
"Oh come on David we tell each other everything. You're my brother you can tell me anything. If it's really that bad then okay I won't ponder you on it."

"Fine I'll tell you." I paused "I saw Jared yesterday. He came into my room to talk to me." I said without any emotion on my face. Brandon's face went from concerned to angry.

"What?! What the hell did he want?!" He said angrily. I didn't like Jared, but my brother hated him. My brother isn't really mean to anyone. Ever, but when it comes to Jared, Brandon can't stand him.

"He told me that he's going see Emma and introduce himself. He said soon enough they were going to be with each other."

"Emma will never be with him." he said fuming.

"You don't know that Brandon. And you can't change that she has to be with him." I said calmly. I didn't want to be angry anymore. Emma can do whatever she wants. She hasn't met him yet so we don't know if she's even going to like him.

"I can't believe you're so calm about this David. You seriously want her to be with that jerk?" I was stunned by what he said. Me calm? About Jared? Oh no way.

"Are you kidding me Brandon?!" I was starting to loose my cool. "Why would I ever want him to end up with her. I'm so calm because I can't do anything about it! Do you known how I wish I could?! It has been killing me since yesterday. Actually since I found out about Jared, but I don't want to think about it anymore. Emma can do whatever she wants. It's really not my call and it'll never be."

"But you're her guardian David and you're suppose to protect her." Look at him telling me what to do. If he was a guardian he would understand.

"I will protect her when the time comes, but for now I have to be her friend and do what's best for her. I know Jared isn't best for her, but if in the end she wants to be with him then so be it. I can't tell her what to do. All I can do is protect her and be on her side. I can't choose what's best for her. Even if she doesn't want to be with Jared she has to and you know that as well as I do."

"Okay I guess you're right. I'm sorry. You know I hate that guy and I wouldn't want him to be anywhere close to our family and Emma is part of our family now."

"I know." I took a deep breath. "All we can do is wait now."

All of a sudden we heard footsteps. whoever the person was they were coming down stairs.

"Hey guys. Good morning." Selena said with a yawn. "Why the long faces?" she asked.

"Oh nothing." Brandon said. "We were just talking."