Chapter 2

Six days have passed since those two guys have asked about my eyes and David still hasn't said a word.

I really thought he was going to tell me by now, but he hasn't uttered a word about it. Whenever I bring it up, he changes the subject. I think it must be something important for him to not talk about it. Why would he want to hide it from me is what I don't get. 

Like yesterday I asked him about it because I have been wondering for a long time and I really wanted to know. I finally got the chance to ask him about it and then he said that he had to do an extra credit project in English that the teacher asked him to do because his grades were dropping. So he had to go and do it right away because it was very important. He said it would raise his average.

Yeah right! He couldn't come up with a better excuse then that? His grades in English aren't dropping. 

First of all he is an Amazing student and his grades couldn't possibly be dropping. Second of all, I know our English teacher. She doesn't give extra credits to anyone. She told us that in the beginning of the year and you would think that David would have remembered it because of his awesome memory that he has, but I guess he didn't which is an advantage for me. 

Now I'm definitely convinced that he is hiding something from me because he never acted like this before. He seems more distant since the two guys showed up. I guess he thinks that if he saw me, he would have to spill everything because I wouldn't leave it alone. It's not only David though. Even my parents seem distant. There really is something going on. No matter what it is I'm going to find out. Whatever it takes. David has to tell me sooner or later.

We were at my house 'watching' a movie. David was watching it. I was just listening to it. Sometimes this was the way that we spent our weekends. Him watching the movie and me just listening to it. Sometimes it's hard just listening to a movie because I don't understand many things about the movie.

After the movie was over we were just sitting there doing nothing. It was Sunday and we didn't have anything to do. It's always like that during Sundays. David hates keeping homework up for last minute so we always do it on Fridays or Saturdays. It's a stupid rule we have, but at least we have the last day off of homework.

There is something I've been wondering about for a while and I wanted to ask David. Maybe I could ask him right now.

"Hey David?"

"Yeah." He answered.

"Why did you say that you couldn't go to Malinda's party when you are free this Tuesday?"

This week, this girl Malinda came up to David and invited him to her party on Tuesday. That's why David was late when he was getting lunch. So the next day I heard that Melinda had asked him. David declined her and said he had plans on Tuesday, but I know him better then he knows himself so I know he has nothing to do this Tuesday and I was very curious as to why he would decline. As far as I know David loves parties so I don't know why he would do that. He went to a lot of parties throughout his lifetime. Everyone invited him because every single person loved him. They just hated the person who he was always with. Yup me. For some reason people don't like me. I have envied David before, but who wouldn't love him. Even if you didn't want to talk to anyone in the world, David would convince you to talk to him. The funny part is that you always agree. And he always makes you feel better. At least that's how he is with me.

"Oh you know. I didn't want to go." I really wish I could see his face now so I could tell if he was lying or not. Seeing him would make so many things much easier. 

"But why don't you want to have fun?" I asked.

"I wouldn't be having fun without you there and it's the day after your birthday. I want to be with you that day."