Chapter 28

Emma's POV

This had to be a joke. Some kind of sick joke that David was pulling on me. No, he wasn't going away. No way would he ever do that, but why do I feel like every word he put in that letter was the truth? He would never lie about something like that. I wanted to really believe it wasn't true. I had to make sure. No matter what I thought I might be wrong. I ran downstairs. He had to be there. He couldn't leave when things turned back to the way they were. He couldn't leave his whole life behind. He couldn't leave me.  I got downstairs and Selena and Brandon were there. They all were looking down, but they looked up when they heard my footsteps. All there was in Brandon's eyes were sorrow, however Selena was mad.

"Brandon is this true?" I said pointing at my letter.

"Yes, Emma it is." He answered simply to the question I already knew the answer to.  Brandon always smiles, but today that was gone. All there was there is sadness and emptiness and I could totally understand his feelings since I felt the same way. There was space from me that was missing that couldn't be filled. David is the one that could fill it. What will I do without David? He was the only one I was close to and not to mention my first love.

"This is all your fault." Selena said suddenly with a very angry tone. I didn't want it to be true, but it is. It was all my fault. I drew him away. If it wasn't for me, he would still be here. 

"Let's not blame things on anyone Selena, David decided this on his own." Brandon said looking at Selena directly.

"No Brandon she's right. It is my fault. If I just said that I wanted to marry Jared which I don't, he wouldn't have done this. I'm sorry Selena." Without saying anything Selena left the room. What have I done? I've lost two of my best friends in one day because of my stupidness. 

"Don't listen to her. David is like this. He cares about others. Even if he wasn't in love with you, he would still do this because you're his friend. What I don't understand is why you told him you didn't like him when just some time ago you were telling me that you liked him more than just a friend. It feels like you're changing your stories around. I don't understand." Brandon said skeptically.

"My grandma told me that if I did tell him my true feelings, it would have huge consequences and in the end my life would have ended up being a miserable one. Once again, I was being selfish and only thinking about myself. I should have taken that risk, I should have taken it for David and for everyone." I paused. "I have to fix this Brandon. I made a huge mistake. I have to get him back. I can't stand here while he is risking his life for me. I just can't. I have to do one unselfish thing for once and think about David. I'm going to find him and make things right."

"No Emma it's dangerous. You can't go. You don't even know where he is."

"He's my guardian. I know where he is. My powers will lead me to him. My heart will lead me to him. Don't worry about me. I'll be back. I promise, but I'm going to bring David back with me. I don't care if my life is miserable anymore, I just want David by my side." I started to leave right away. I had to make this right. I couldn't deal with the fact that I might never see David again. I couldn't deal with that Selena, Brandon, and their parents might never get to see David again just because of me. 

"Fine I probably can't stop you, but at least let me teach you some new powers that you might need if you came across anyone that might want to hurt you."

"New powers? I thought I learned all of them." I said.

"Oh no you're not even close to learning all of them. You still have over six to learn, but some of them not even we know what they are so I guess you'll uncover them as you go on. Today I'm going to teach you just one because you're going to need this with the people you're going to encounter on the way. This is the white power. By using this, you can detect if someone is being truthful or not so when you meet people, you'll know who is against you or who is actually being sincere. Of course you'll have to wear your lenses because if someone saw you with your eyes, you would totally be in target for capture." 

"Okay lets get this over with fast so I'll be able to see David again." I said. 

David's P.O.V

I left everyone letters saying that I was leaving. I couldn't tell them I was leaving in person. It would have been really hard for me to face them and they might have convinced me to stay. I know I probably hurt a lot of them, but they have to respect my decision. I just hope they don't blame anything on Emma. It's not her fault. It was my decision. 

Speaking of Emma I wonder how she's doing. The hardest part was leaving her. I've been gone for two hours but it feels I have been gone for two years. This is the first time we have ever been separated. I feel empty. I know I'm a huge cheeseball, but you can't help it when you're in love. You think about the person you love every minute of everyday. She just comes into my mind without me even noticing and then I get a huge smile on my face without even knowing it. My friends always joke about it, but I don't care, they'll do the same when they fall in love. I just wish she felt the same way that I feel about her. It's always nice to know that person you love, loves you back. Love doesn't matter now, all that matters is that she'll be happy. I hoe Brandon will take care of her. The only thing that sucks about this is that I can't protect her. If something happens to her, there is no way of me knowing. 

I finally arrived to the place I was looking for and it was huge! Even though this might be the last time I will ever get to walk outside, I don't feel nervous at all because I know that I was doing this for a good reason. I was doing this for Emma. I took a deep breath and walked inside. The inside looked bigger than the outside; if that's even possible. The place was filled with guards around with the same colored eyes as me. The walls were painted with different colors and on the ceiling there was an eye with the similar color of the Lightseers. That meant that I've arrived to the right place. The guard nearest to me told me where to go since they already could detect where I wanted to go. There was a door that they pointed to. I walked up to it. This was it. There is no going back now. I'm never going to see Emma or my family again. Without thinking about it anymore, I just walked in and hoped that in the end everything would turn out alright.