Chapter 7

I went in the house with David. I don't think I was ready to face my parents yet. I didn't know what to say to them. I can't just go in and say, 'hey mom and dad. Oh yeah I can see both of you now and I just found out you've been lying to me my whole life' that will be a great beginning!

Seeing them now will definitely change things completely. I'm not as angry as I though I would be. I understand they were lying to me because they had no choice. They were protecting me just like David. Still I didn't know how to face them. 

Before we could go into the room, I grabbed David's arm and pulled him away from the door.

"Do I have to do this?"

"You don't have to, but you have to do it sooner or later so you might as well get it over with." He said. He was right. I have to eventually do this. 

"Okay let's do this then." I said. David opened the door and we went into the room where my parents were. I didn't realize I was still holding David's hand. In this situation I would get embarrassed and let go of his hand; however, his touch was very comforting and I really needed that right now. 

I saw two people sitting on the couch and when we walked in and they immediately looked up. I assumed both of them were my parents. When the woman looked up, a smile spread on her face imidiatelly. Her eyes were totally different from David's or Brandon's eyes. They didn't have any color to them. I didn't know how to describe it. It was like there was nothing where her eyes should be. It was very creepy actually. My dad's eyes looked the same actually. Was this what Brandon was saying about how humans eyes looked like? So does that mean that both of my parents were human?

"Oh Emma." She said. Yeah she was definitely my mother because they had the same voice.

"Hey mom, hey dad." I said. "Long time no see." I said with a laugh. Maybe I shouldn't be cracking jokes at this moment.

"Yeah. I guess you can see us now?" My dad asked.

"Yes I can."

"So did Brandon tell you everything about your eyes and your grandmother." My mom asked.

"I guess. I don't know. He did tell me a lot of things, but I'm not sure he left out anything."

"When we have time we'll tell you everything. Are you mad at us for not telling you?" Mom asked.

"At the beginning I was, but now I understand why you kept all of this from me. You guys were just trying to protect me and I totally understand that." I said sincerely.

"Oh Emma." My mom came up to me and hugged me. "I'm so glad to hear you say that."

"Yeah we really are." My dad agreed with a smile.

"I would have done the same thing if it was you guys so I truly understand." I told them.

"Thank you Emma. My daughter is really growing up." My mom said.

"Yeah I am, but I'm not that old yet just eighteen."

"Yeah we know, but you seem so mature already." My dad said. "So are you hungry?" As soon as my dad said the word hungry I realized just how hungry I really was. I didn't eat since breakfast yesterday.

"Yes I'm really hungry. I could eat anything."

"Okay." My mom said with a laugh. "We already have a table set up with all the food so let's go." As soon as she said that we walked into another room which I assumed was the kitchen. There were four people in the room already. One of them was Brandon. There was also a girl there who looked young and a woman and a man who looked like my mom and dad's age.