Chapter 4

"The thing that I said Emma is that from today you will be able to see everything." Brandon said seriously and I started laughing. He was an amazing actor. He almost convinced me there for a second. He was really out of his mind. Nothing is ever going to make me see. It's impossible. There is no surgery that can fix my eyes or anything. Trust me I have tried. Nothing has ever worked. It's sad, but true.

"Haha very funny Brandon. That was a good laugh, now get to the secret already."

"I will get to the secret, but we first have to wait for you to get your sight back. Besides your eyes are part of the secret." He was saying it like it was gonna happen.

"I'm not going to get my sight back so stop talking about some nonsense." I said in an annoyed tone. He really should stop saying that. He might get my hopes up and I don't want to be let down. I don't want to hope that there is a possibility or a chance because if I'm let down I know I won't be able to get back up. There was one time when the doctors said that there was a chance for me to see through a surgery and that really got me excited, but once they double checked everything they told me that there was no way, I didn't even have a one percent chance. Since then I never believed if anyone said that there was a possibility. Brandon of all people is not going to convince me.

"Oh, but you will get your sight back Emma. You're just in denial. Now tell me what time you were born. Happy birthday by the way. Today is a big day for you."

"How am I suppose to know what time I was born? Who keeps track of that kind of stuff? I think I remember my mom telling me it was around noon, but why are you asking me about the time of my birth?"

"I'm asking you because you were meant to get your sight back the exact time and the date you were born, on your eighteenth birthday." I wanted to say he was joking again, but what if it was true? If it wasn't true he wouldn't be talking this seriously and keep trying to convince me. My head keeps telling me that something like this is not possible, but my heart is telling me otherwise. What if I really get my sight back and finally see David and my family? I will get to see myself. I'll get to finally enjoy the sight of everything. I really like the sound of that. It would certainly be life changing.

Emma stop getting your hopes again. You're not going to get your sight back and you know it. It is not something that can just happen out of the blue. Things don't work like that. How can someone get their sight back just because they turned eighteen?

I just realized what he said though. He said I would get my sight back, but I never lost my sight. I was born blind and I remember my parents telling me that.

"Brandon what do you mean by get my sight back when I was already born blind?"

"Oh they didn't tell you anything did they? I guess they were keeping you safe." Who is 'they'? I wanted to ask, but he continued. "Well Emma. You see you're blindness has a  purpose and I will explain everything in about two minutes. I will just say this, your grandmother wasn't a regular grandma she was a very powerful woman. It's a shame that we lost her so soon." What does my grandmother have to do with my blindness? All of this is so confusing. Why am I even here? I came here to find out about this whole Lightseers thing, but Brandon hasn't uttered a word about it. I don't think they are ever going to tell me now. I feel like they are playing tricks on me and tomorrow I'll go back to my normal self. I feel like everyone is just gonna come in the room and yell 'surprise!' You've been fooled.

"There is only one minute left do you feel anything different? Can you see anything at all? Is everything the same as it was before?" He asked. Now that I realize it, it wasn't that dark anymore and there was a feeling that I got that I couldn't really explain. It was like this burning sensation in my eyes and it was getting lighter every second that passed and I was beginning to get a head ache.