Chapter 27

Before I start the chapter, I just wanted to say that this will change POVs back and forth between David and Emma so I hope you guys won't be confused with it. Sorry for the late update I had finals so I wasn't able to write anything. A lot of questions will be answered in this chapter and a lot of questions will be left unanswered. Hopefully you won't hate me after this. Well I gave too much away already. Happy readings.

Emma's P.O.V

Two weeks passed since David and I had that talk with each other. Things have changed since then. Surprisingly we had become the way that we used to be. No more awkwardness between us. The thing was though I still felt horrible for not telling him my feelings and I feel so sad not being able to tell him that I like him. Even though I don't know what the consequences are, I still don't want to find it to be really bad and then for my life to be ruined the same way that my great grandmas was.

I wish I had a relationship with my soul mate the way that my mom and dad do. They really love each other. Why did my life had to be the complicated one? My mom always used to tell me that the second that my mom saw my dad, she was in love with him and after I got my powers, she told me that when I see the person I was meant to be with, I will know he is the one. That should have been the case for me too, but I felt nothing with Jared when I saw him. Maybe it was David that I fell in love with after I saw him because my feelings did become stronger after I saw him, I just wish he was my real soulmate.

The surprising thing for me was that my mom and dad were human after finding out that a Lightseer had to marry a Lightseer in order to have a Lightseer baby. But later on I found out that after you have your first born, you lose your powers. There were some cases where they had kept their powers, but most of the time, both the guy and the girl lose them. That got me thinking too because if the consequence was losing my powers, I would lose my powers anyway if I have a kid with Jared. But the way that my grandma talked about her mom, I don't think it's just losing my powers, I think it's more than that. I don't want to marry Jared at all. I have zero feelings for him. The only person I want to be with is sitting right in front of me and I can't even tell him I love him.

"Hey what are you thinking about?" David asked. We were in lunch so he was with me this period. My head was down so I looked up and smiled at him. I wouldn't call that a smile though.

"I don't know. A lot of things. There is so much on my mind right now. I don't know what to think about anymore because I thought about so many things." I said with a dry laugh.

"Where is that happy Emma I used to know?" He said with a grin pinching my cheek. There was no way I could still be sad after that.

"She's still there somewhere deep deep down. I still have that happy side to me, it's just there are so many things that I don't want to happen in my life that is happening that I don't have happy thoughts anymore. You are the only thing that is actually making me happy in my life besides my family."

"Well I'm glad." he said with a smile, but there was something deep within that was bothering him. He was trying to work something out and I could feel there was a lot of questions in his mind as well. He was doubting something. He wanted to do something really badly, but he didn't know if he should do it or not.

"You can stop it now."

"Stop what?" I asked.

"Using your powers on me. I can tell you know. I'm your guardian I know when you're using your powers." He said, but he wasn't mad about it. He never is.

"Oh sorry I didn't notice that I was using it. It just turns on by itself. I guess I want to know what you're thinking about."

"Some things are meant to be unsaid Emma. I can't tell you everything. Eventually you will find out what I'm doubting, hopefully it won't be soon. Well bye now I have to go and talk to Brandon." he got up kissed me on the forehead and left. I don't know if it was possible, but that kiss made me love him even more.