Kabanata 11

Kabanata 11

Coffee Time

"Good morning Mom!" Lala kissed her mother's cheek in an exaggerated way. 

"Ang aga mo yata ngayong gumising and you're in a good mood today," her Mom commented. 

She shrugged her shoulders and smiled. 

"I'm always in a good mood Mom. Do you need help Mom? What's my task today?" 

Her Mom looked at her, surprised. She often complained about the chores but now, she was offering. It was maybe a miracle. 

"Nothing much today-" 

"I can sweep the front yard and arrange the small garden," she suggested. 

"Well, if that's what you want, go ahead. Mag-almusal muna tayo." 

Mabilis niyang tinapos ang almusal nang marinig ang ugong ng sasakyan mula sa labas. 

"Mom, can you teach me how to make the coffee?" Aniya habang hinuhugasan ang pinagkainan. 

"Okay. Wait lang." 

Tinapos na rin nito ang pagkain at lumapit sa kanya. 

They have a drip coffee machine because her parents love to drink coffee especially in the morning. Coffee time was their intimate time together. It was not just about drinking coffee that they enjoyed but the presence of being together. Lala loved watching them, still so in loved, drinking coffee while holding each other's hand, just talking some random stuffs. 

"Place the filter paper in the filter basket then add a table spoon of coffee into the filter for every cup of coffee you want to make. This is the reservoir," she said while pointing the empty jar. "You can add cold water here." She then pressed the start button. 

"Madali lang pala," hindi makapaniwalang sambit niya. Easy-peasy. Kayang-kaya niya itong gawin. 

Siya naman ang sumubok pagkatapos. Her Mom poured the coffee into their mugs. She repeated the same process and was glad that she made it. 

"I'll bring the cup of coffee to Marcco," she announced and headed outside. 

Nakita niya kaagad si Marcco sa garahe. She smiled secretly. She cleared her throat to get his attention. He was removing the tires from the pick up. She held her breath when he looked at her behind his back. 

He quickly checked out her clothes. She wore a red pajama and a white racer back.  

"Coffee," tipid na sambit niya at nilagay ang kape sa mesa. 

Iniwan nito kaagad ang ginagawa at lumapit sa kanya. He was half naked yesterday and today, he was wearing a black sando. It was still very distracting. She can clearly see his biceps and it emphasized his broad chest. 

"I made it," deklara niya sabay kagat sa pang-ibabang labi. 

She shouldn't have said that. Baka ano pa ang isipin nito. 

"Marunong ka palang gumawa ng kape," ani Marcco sabay ngisi at kumuha ng malinis na face towel para punasan ang mga kamay. 

Naningkit ang kanyang mata. Anong akala nito sa kanya!

"Of course! I can do a lot of things," she glared at him. 

He just chuckled and shook his head. She missed this side of him. Hindi noong nakaraan na parang galit ito sa kanya. She was confused too. She shouldn't be here with him. Umiiyak pa siya tapos balik naman pala sa dating gawi. Traydor talaga itong puso niya.