Kabanata 9

Kabanata 9

Kuya

 Maagang nagising si Lala para magpaenrol sa South Cotabato Senior High School. Balak sana siyang samahan ng kanyang Mommy pero tumanggi siya. She's old enough to handle this easy task. 

"I can go with you," her Mom said this phrase four times this morning. 

Lala grunted. 

"Mom, I got this. I can do it on my own. Hindi na ako bata." 

She didn't want to act childish. She's mature enough. 

"Okay. If you need anything just call me or your Dad at pagtapos ka na, tawag ka lang para masundo ka," paalala nito. 

"I will Mom. I have to go," she kissed her Dad and Mom's cheeks and went out of the car. 

Lala inhaled deeply upon looking at the tall rusty school gate. Some students were passing to and fro. She had already prepared herself for the worst. She took a heavy steps toward the gate. As she entered the campus, she scanned the area with a displease look. Well, it wasn't that bad but still it wasn't the best. 

Her latter school was far way beautiful than this. Some of the buildings looked ancient and some were seemed like newly constructed. The school ground has an oval track and was pretty huge tho with tall trees lined up along side of the pathways. Every tree has its own bench. 

Lala wanted to approach the school guard but he was busy talking to the students about something. She dropped the thought and walked ahead. 

May nakita siyang grupo ng mga estudyante sa may bench na masayang nagbibiroan at naghahampasan. Mukhang napansin ng mga ito ang presensiya niya dahil silang lahat ay nakatingin sa kanya. 

She held her head high and walked straight even tho she has no idea where she was going. 

"Mukhang bago," sabi ng lalaking medyo singkit ang mga mata. 

"Ang ganda niya at ang astig ng buhok."  

Lalampas na siya sa grupo. 

"Taga-siyudad ang dating." 

"Mukhang suplada eh." 

 Tumigil si Lala at nilingon ang grupo. Pinagtaasan niya ng kilay ang babaeng nagsabi sa kanya ng suplada. 

"Excuse me? What did you say?" 

"Wow, spokening dollar!" Bulalas ng lalaking tsinito. 

Hindi nakapagsalita ang babae. Hindi siguro inaasahan nitong magsasalita siya. 

"Naku pasensiya na. Biro lang 'yon," salo pa ng isang babae at lumapit pa sa kanya. She has a long black hair with a chubby cute face. 

"Well I don't find it funny," she hissed. 

Napakamot ito sa ulo. 

"Sorry na. Magpapaenrol ka pa lang ba?" 

Kumalma siya ng kaunti at tumango. 

"Yes." 

"Alam mo ba kung nasaan ang registrar's office?" 

Nairita na naman siya. 

"What do you think? I'm just new here," she said in full sarcasm and rolled her eyes. 

Common sense please. Bakit napakacheap ng mga tao sa probinsiya? It was getting into her nerves. 

"Ah, eh... hahaha! Oo nga pala. Pwede ka naming samahan sa office," offer nito. 

"I'm good at direction so I can manage."