Simula

Simula

"M-om, you're kidding right?" Her eyes were full of confusion and anxiety.

"Lala, your Dad needs some time to relax... away from the city," Lilian carefully explained the current situation. She wanted her daughter to understand.

"But we could just take a week vacation not actually moving." She could sense the desperation on Lala's voice.

She couldn't blame her daughter. Lumaki ito sa siyudad at ang plano nilang paglipat sa Cotabato ay isang mahirap na desisyon.

"Mommy... pagtatawanan ako ng mga friends ko. Of all places why in Cotabato? I heard it's a dangerous place. Maraming mga rebelde sa bundok. It's not safe to stay there." Now she was panicking.

"I can take care of my self now. I'll be graduating next year. I can stay here. I'll promise to contact you every now and then..."

"Lala," matigas na sambit niya sa pangalan nito. Hindi siya makapaniwala sa mga salitang lumabas sa bibig ng anak. She wondered if they've been so busy that their kids have outgrown them. "The decision is final. We are moving next week whether you like it or not," she paused. "And we're selling the house," she finally stated and left the room.

As she closed the door, Lala's sob echoed in the room. She shut her eyes tightly and bit her lower lip. If only she could tell her the truth. But the truth hurts more than the lie. For now, she has to do that.

Napahagulhol si Lala sa inis. Damn! Why do they have to move away? The other day ang saya-saya nila dahil kadarating lang ng Daddy niya mula Japan. He was a Senior System Engineer in Shibuya, one of the busiest cities in Tokyo. He has been working for ten years now.

"Daddy nabili mo ba ang bag?" Excited na turan niya.

"Of course. Here,"

Tinanggap niya ang paper bag at kaagad na binuksan. She couldn't be any happier. Ang ganda ng Marc Jacobs na bag. Niyakap niya ang paper bag at hinalikan ang Ama sa pisngi. She bet maiingit ang mga estudyante kapag nakita ang bagong bag niya.

"Your the best Dad! Thank you so much!"

"Materialistic," bulong ng bunsong kapatid niya na si Jose. Ten years old lang ito pero kung umasta ay parang mas matanda pa sa kanya.

"Hey, I heard that," she hissed and snorted.

"Lala, it's not good to immerse your self in such luxury," her Mom said as she entered the living room.

Jose took out his tongue making a fun of her. Inis na tinapunan niya ito ng tingin.

"Mom naman." Tumingin siya sa kanyang Daddy at humingi ng saklolo.

Her Dad winked and went to her Mom. He hugged her from the back. Lala couldn't stop smiling. Her Dad and Mom were still madly in love with each other. How she wish that someday she would be able to find that kind of love. They looked perfect together.

Kaya siguro hindi pa siya nagkakaboyfriend kahit maraming nanliligaw sa kanya. She looked up to her Dad so much.

"Pagbigyan mo na Honey. Paminsan-minsan lang naman." Lambing ng Dad niya sabay halik sa pisngi nito.

"I don't want to spoil the kids Brad."

Her Mom being a teacher was a headstrong person and also a devoted catholic.

"It's just a small reward. She's doing great in her studies."

Well that was partly true. She got good grades except Math. You can't really have everything right?

Her Mom sighed and gave in. Their conversation went to another topic and the day went by so fast with so much laughter and smiles.

Tapos ngayon, ganito na? Aalis sila basta-basta?

Naputol ang kanyang hagulhol nang tumunog ang kanyang iPhone. She pressed the answer call button.

"Lala, is it true na lilipat na kayo? Why so sudden? Diba nakapag-enrol ka na? So you have to also transfer to the school there? Wait, where was it? In Cotabato? My goodness, what were your parent's thinking?" Nakikinig lamang siya sa litanya ng kanyang Tita Isa.

Gusto niya tuloy maiyak muli.

"I don't know Tita. Everything was so sudden. Baka mag-transfer nga ako ng school. I hate it," hikbing sabi niya.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I'll try what I can do to help. I'll convince my sister to stay."

"Thank you Tita."

"I'll call you back later. Don't stress about it too much okay?"

"O-kay po," bulong niya.

Naputol ang linya. Pabagsak siyang humiga sa malambot na kama. She looked at her room and felt a sudden loneliness. Her room has been her best refuge. Now she has to surrender the place that made her feel safe and home.

She looked at her left and saw the posters of different K-pop artists. Blackpink, Red Velvet, BTS, Twice, BTOB, and EXO. She sighed and wiped the small tear from her right eye. She wouldn't be able to attend concerts. Her high school friends used to go to these kind of events. Wala yatang ganyan sa Cotabato.

Hindi niya alam kung ano ang magiging buhay niya sa probinsiya. She grew up in a big city. This is where she belongs. She loved the bustling streets, the city lights, the traffic and the crowd.

Her life here was like a dream and now she has to wake up and face the harsh reality. 

Author's Note:

Hello Loves! Join me in Marcco and Lala's love story. Let me know what you think.

Love lots :x