Chapter 1

Steven's P.O.V:

I've never been in a battle as brutal and intense as this before. I've faced corrupted Gem monsters, a rogue angry Jasper, and even the Diamonds themselves. But yet still, Spinel's the one whose given me the most run for my money.

I think what makes her the most ferocious is her persistence and relentlessness. She was tossing me around like a football and smashing me into this Injector device like nobody's business. Not to mention the fact that she was pounding against my shield mercilessly just a few seconds ago.

Even with all that, and the pain I've had to endure, I still chose to give her a second chance.

I mean, if I'm to be completely honest with myself, this whole thing was partially my fault. I used her to shut off the Injector initially and then acted like she wasn't useful for anything else afterwards. That was the biggest mistake I ever made and I couldn't let it muck up the future of everyone around me.

Now here she was on her knees, crying, begging for me to forgive her. That all she wanted was to be my friend. Taking my chance, I lower my shield as she backs away in fear. "Spinel..." I stand up, walking towards her.

She scrounges up in a ball, shaking. "Hey," I place my hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, it's all over."

"How can It be over?" She looks up at me with hurt eyes. Tears streaming continuously down her face. "What about your planet? What about your happily ever after?.."

Turning my gaze away from her, my mouth goes into a thin line. "There is no such thing as happily ever after, I'll always have work to do, but," I turn back to her and offer my hand. "The Crystal Gems could always use another gem like you to our family, whaddya say?"

She looks at my hand for a minute before hesitantly taking my hand into hers, as I pull her up. "Thank you, Steven. Maybe you're right, I will learn to love again and I think I already found someone," Spinel smiles at me as I give a smile back.

Suddenly lights flashed throughout the machine. Oh no... It was going to blow I had to do something. Without hesitation I form a bubble around Spinel. "Steven! What are you doing?!"

"Saving your life like my mom never did," I give her a small smile before my vision is engulfed in light, then everything goes dark.

Spinel's P.O.V:

Next thing I know, I hit the planet's surface, though it's not the green-colored kind. It's all grey and flowing with toxic poison from the Injector. The Injector! I look up and see that little if not nothing of it remains. A dust cloud and a heap of cracked metal are all that remains. I sigh, grateful that this bubble of Steven's protected.

Wait a minute...

WHERE'S STEVEN?!

I mash my fists against the bubble's interior until it breaks, then run toward the wreckage of the Injector. I frantically call out his name, desperately listening for any sort of response. I don't hear anything and my anxiety rises. I then dig through random piles of rubble in hopes of finding him.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" A scream pierces the air. Fear clenches my gem. Looking down, I see a shape under a rather large pile. It's him, I know it is. What happened to him?! Is he hurt? Is he shattering?! I gotta get there!

Wait... What was that liquid pouring from his arm? I quickly sprint down to him, ripping away the rubble that was on top of him. "Steven?!" I shake him as he moves limply, this red liquid still protruding from his arm. "Wake up! Please you have to be okay!" I pull him up in my arms, "Please... I need you..."

"STEVEN!" Huh? I turn my head to see three pair of gems rushing over. It's the fusion, the overcooked Amethyst, and Pink's Pearl. They all looked scared out of their minds, which is no surprise because of what all this looks like at the moment.

I'm pushed away from him as they study him. He looked pale, does he not poof? I know using my rejuvenator just set his powers back. It hit me like a knife stabbed into my back. His human side... He can die.. I'm on my knees, my hands covered in red liquid. "What have I done?..."

First chapter and we're already starting out strong! Make sure to give credit to both me and KingMythLord .

We both hope you enjoy this story and we'll both see you in the next one, laters. :)

XxDiamond_GodxX
___Faded___
Crystal_Diamond1
Danobe_1
MachineKing123
peridotnot32
MusashiMiyamoto1654
Pidge_Katie14
Plamifan10
princesslapis725
StarReRe
Thiccbluediamond
DiamondAuthority43
Kitty-Dash
EndieStories