Chapter 6

Steven's P.O.V:

It's moments like what I find myself in now that I really feel the need to take a minute and be appreciative of those that have cared for me in this rather dark period of my life. The Gems especially, but more so, Spinel. She's been there every waking minute since I first lost a part of me and hasn't left me since. Words can't describe how truly grateful I am for her being here. I just hope that I can work up the courage to thoroughly express said gratitude.

"Spinel.." I begin, taking a deep and holding her hands in mine, "Above all else and above all others, you've been here for me while I was at my weakest. I feel bad that I never thanked you for it and don't think one now will even begin to make up for all that you've done for me. Yes, I fell into a pit of depression over this past week or so, but that doesn't excuse my lack of appreciation. So, right here, right now, I want to say that you've truly made a great impact on my life being here, Spinel. I'll thank the Diamonds every day moving forward for blessing me with your presence".

Her cheeks grew bright Pink, looking away. "What's all this praise for me for? I feel guilty that this situation even happened to you. I ruined your happily ever after. All because I was angry at your mother and I took it out on you, why praise me? You don't need me around, just like Pink didn't.."

"I'll never abandon you, Spinel" I insist, caressing her cheeks in my palms, "You mean so very much to me. And besides, you're my happily ever after. You've brightened my days for so long that I can't even fathom one plagued with darkness. Don't ever doubt yourself. You've done more than anyone ever asked of you. All I ask now is the chance to be by your side now and to stay with you for as long as possible".

She looks absolutely speechless at my words. Tears arise from her eyes before I'm tackled in a tight, squeezing hug. "T-thank you, Steven Universe.. I'm so glad I met someone who is better than his own mother who abandoned me just because I was only made for fun and games," Spinel whimpered, clutching onto my shirt.

Her last words give me an idea. A rather good and sweet idea, as Garnet would say. I just hope Spinel will like it.

"Speaking of games, would you perhaps like to accompany me to this little place called Funland? The name may sound corny and cheesy but it's plenty enjoyable, that much I know. Whaddya say, just me and you?" I offer, showing a smile.

Spinel looks up at me and wipes her tears, a smile spreading across her face. "Us Spinel's always love a game. And if it's just with you then yes, I will."

"Then I guess we're off and runnin', I guess" I say, grabbing her gloved hand before turning to look at all those who I love "You guys are the best family I could ever ask for! I don't know what I did to deserve you all, but whatever it was wasn't enough, cus you guys are perfect!".

The Gems grow teary-eyed and smile, some blowing me kisses, ie Garnet, and others just giving me the old 'thumbs up'. I know they'd like to initiate a group hug, but then they'd be pulling me away from Spinel and that'd be just asking for trouble.

"We love you too, Cutie Pie" Garnet grins, removing her shades to show the tears in her three eyes.

"Yeah! You have fun on your date, Stee-Man. Maybe when you get back, you can tell us all about the 50 makeout sessions that happen" Amethyst jokes.

"Annnddd, on that note, we're gone" I say, ducking out of the conversation and holding Spinel's hand tighter as I lightly pull her away from the others and off into the city.

"Makeout sessions?" Spinel questions with a brow raised.

"Oh...um..." I scratch the back of my neck, unsure of how to answer, "Well...basically..it's when a boy and a girl press their lips together for extended periods of time and do it constantly".