Chapter 7

Spinel's P.O.V

The giant glowing ball in the sky, which Steven calls the 'Sun', had begun to set about ten minutes ago, so him and I decided to call it a day and come home. I could also tell that Steven was getting hungry and I don't want my hero to get all tummy rumbly.

Arm in arm, we've trekked through the city for a bit, Steven pointing out the different places to me that I didn't see the first go around, and then we find ourselves right where we are now, which is padding along the rather spongy ground of the beach. I had such a great time with Steven and to be honest, I wish it lasted forever. But, the best part about it all though was the kiss! Oh, how soft his lips were~. I kinda want him to kiss me over and over again, to never go without is touch for less than a second. Is that being too clingy, though? Who knows? Especially not me.

While the two of us are making the final distance to his home, I can't help but go completely silent and just stare at him as he faces forward. It's the little things that I love the most about him. His puffy hair, his slightly toned body, and most of all, his persistent attitude towards trying to help anyone he comes across. It's thanks to him that I'm just no beginning to let go of the guilt of my mistakes and opening myself to him. What I wonder though is how much we will love each other? Will I be able to open myself up all the way to him? I guess I'll have to wait and find out.

"Ah, here we are! Home sweet Temple!" Steven then says, jolting me from gazing at him at causing me to look up in realization. Indeed we were here, but the definition of home seemed to better suit him than me. It's almost kinda lonely in a way, feeling like I have no exact place to permanently call home, but maybe Steven can be my home. I must be pretty expressive of my thoughts, cause Steven then turns and cups my face in his hands, bringing out probably the trillionth blush from me today.

"Spinel, don't feel like this can't be your home. Sure, things take time, but if you really wish something to be, it'll happen without a doubt. Trust me, I know. After all, I wished that I could call you my girlfriend and now look where we are" He says smoothly, making me smile and look down from flattery.

"You really do have your way with words, don't you?" I look up at him.

Steven grins, "It's an amazing power to have. Look how much it's changed the world, we now live in an era three of peace between Earth and Homeworld."

This boy is just so amazing. You would never know that Pink was his mother, they're completely the opposite. Steven has a calm and collected personality while Pink was a child that threw temper tantrums for things she couldn't have. He's grateful for everything he has. Family, friends who support him but now he's got his main support, me.

"You really are something, Mr Universe," I smile kissing his cheek.

This time he doesn't reply, only taking my cheek into his hand and kissing me. We're back in our own world and it's wonderful. But all good moments end.

The temple door opens, "Oh hello Steven you're baaaaaaaaaaack!" Pearl's mouth drops wide open as me and Steven pull away.

"What is going on here?!" She squawks like a bird.

Steven holds my hand, "I'm in love with Spinel and she loves me."

"But she almost killed you! I knew I saw something between you two, but I didn't expect it to actually happen!"

The others come walking outside from the screen door. "What's up?" Amethyst immediately notices us holding hands as she smirks.

"Well, well, well, looks like something good came out of today, huh Steven?" The Quartz teases him. My handsome hero bites his lip and tries to retain a sturdy expression.