Chapter 59

Rue and I had gone 'costume hunting' for tomorrows party. I was surprised when she told me she was going as well. Maybe it's not Harry's party after all; because if it was I know for sure Rue wouldn't have set foot in his house.

Let's just pray World War III won't go down if they see each other. Just my luck! My best friend and my ... Wait what's Harry to me? He's not my boyfriend because he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, but we're not just friends; at least I feel we're not. Let's just face it, Harry's not the type of guy that ask a girl to be his girlfirend; he doesn't commit with only one person. It's not in his dictionary, too much for him.

While I was racking my brains about what the hell Harry and I were, Rue sat next to me and softly hit me on the shoulder.

"Move that lazy ass of yours and start walking! We have costumes to see!" My friend yelled at me in excitement. "OMG we're going to get THE BEST costumes! Come one, Raiza!" She grabbed my hand and dragged me through out the mall until she found a store of her taste.

We went in and I quickly lost sight of her. All I heard was a 'meet you in 10 in the fitting room' and that was all.

"Alright then. I guess it's time to look for a costume." I said, looking around the store wondering where to start.

I decided to take a look on a rack and see what I found. Witches, vampires, werewolves, sexy nurse... All the same costumes ideas you see every year. Like really? I kept moving the costumes and looking.  Charleston girl, sexy pirate, playboy girl... Annabelle? Miley Cyrus? Well that's new.

"Maybe there's a Sailor Moon one. When I was little I wanted to be Sailor Moon." I said, imagining how I would look like. "God! I'm such a nerd." I laughed.

I spent the 10 minutes trying to find at least one original costume but nothing. I went to the fitting room with empty hands and sat down in one of the chairs that were there. As expected Rue had been the opposite; in her hands were at least 10 costumes for her to try on. Of course.

"Seems you have quite a few options." I joked.

"What can I say? Everything fits me." She laughed and then winked at me.

It was true though. Rue has a Victoria Secret model body, like HOW. She was so pretty, something I only wish I was.

"Raiza? Did you hear me?" My friend's voice snapped me out of my dimly thoughts. I looked at her not knowing what she had said to me. "What about you? You don't have anything."

"Oh! Yeah. I didn't find anything." I shrugged. "I'll look at another store, don't worry."

She looked at me for a few seconds and then nodded. "Ok. I'll try these on so you tell me how they look."

I smiled and she went into the booth. It may have passed 5 minutes when she came out with the first costume: some kind of gothic princess. The dress was completely back and it had a corset and lace on it, it was puffy on the bottom, which gave it some kind of dreamy vibe. 

"So, what do you think?" Rue asked me spinning around. "You like it?"

I cocked my head and pursed my lips. "Mmm... I don't know. Isn't it too normal for you?" I asked. "I mean, you look amazing but it's kinda how you dress every day."

She looked herself in the mirror for a few seconds before speaking. "Yeah you're right. I have a dress like this and the only difference is that it's shorter. I'll try the next one!"

We spend half an hour trying to figure out which one of the pile of costumes Rue had chosen was the perfect one. We were about to give up when I had an idea.

"Why don't you dress up as Alex DeLarge!?" I said, excited. "You can do the female version! That would be so cool!"

"OMG I LOVE IT!" Rue said, jumping. "IT'S AN AMAZING IDEA! OMFG ALEX DELARGE."

"Ok, ok! First, we have to look for a pair of white jeans, white suspenders and a white blouse." I said, trying to calm her down. "Oh! And a black hat and a walking stick, and voilà! Your costume will be complete!"

"You're a genius!" She hugged me and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "But wait! What about you? We still don't have an idea for your costume."

"Let's just focus on finding yours first. I'll find something, stop worrying." 

We started going around the store looking for what we needed to recreate Alex DeLarge's outfit. After 15 minutes we had found almost everything we needed, the only thing we had left to find was the hat. We asked a guy who worked at the store and he told us that there was a store nearby where we could find that type of hat.

We headed over to the counter so Rue could pay for the things she was going to buy and when we were doing the queue, suddenly a white thing caught my attention.

"WAIT!" I said, stopping Rue. I ran towards the last rack on the right and grabbed the hanger where it was. "I FOUND IT! RUE, I FOUND MY COSTUME!"

"Raiza, are you serious?" My gothic friend asked me. "That's not even sexy!"

I looked at her and frowned. "And who said I wanted something sexy?" I smiled looking at my costume. "This is exactly what I was looking for! I'll take it!"

I went back to the queue to pay for it. I was so happy I had finally found my costume. I guess it's true great things come when you least expected hahaha. I can't wait till I try it on! This is the first time I've been so excited about a party; must be a good sign.

HALLOWEEN PARTY HERE I COME!

...

MAKE YOUR BETS MY LOVELY FRIENDS!

What do you think is going to be Raiza's costume? And tell me about the boys' costumes too! Why not? :)