Chapter 25

Yesterday after that tensed talk with Rue, I had gone to Cam's room but he wasn't there. I didn't want to call him because what I needed to talk with him wasn't something to talk on the phone. So today before going to the library to study, I decided to go by his room and ask what Rue meant with all the things she said. Since it was Saturday I was betting he might be still in his room, probably sleeping or waking up.

When I left my room this morning Rue was still sleeping, which was something good. I really didn't know if she was still cranky for the whole 'Harry in our room' thing. I'm still trying to figure out why she hates him so much, and I hope talking with Cam helps me to clarify it. Because right now I'm clueless.

The walk to Cam's dorm seemed endless. I didn't notice until I was at his door how nervous I was. To be honest, I was scared of what he might have to say. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. A few seconds later the door opened. "Good morning, Raiza! What a lovely surprise." I don't know if it will be that lovely after I tell you why I'm here, I thought to myself.

"Cam, I need to talk with you." I said with a serious tone. "And I need you to be completely honest with me."

"Sure. Come in." Cam said, letting me in and giving me the sweetest smile. I entered and I stood on the center of his room. "What's up?"

"Harry."

The sweet smile disappeared within seconds and was replaced with a cold expression. "What about that bastard?" The tone in his voice was the confirmation that I needed. Something did happen between them.

"I need you to tell me what happened between you two." I said, scared of the answer he might give me. But I needed to know the truth.

"Raiza." He sighed. "You don't really want to know what happened. Look, he's a thug. Just stay away from him. He won't do you any good."

"Why are you saying he's a thug?" I asked, confused. "All what you and Rue tell me it's to stay away from him but how am I supposed to do it if I don't know the reason? I know Harry's an asshole but he's also my partner on that stupid project and we're trying to have a civilazed relationship." We haven't  succeeded yet but we're working on it. I guess.

"I'll do this because I care about you." Cam said, looking straight into my eyes. "You want reasons to stay away from him? Well, there you go." He said, lifting his t-shirt and revealing several bruises on his torso at the part of the ribs.

"What happened to you?" I asked, covering my mouth horrified. "Oh my God, Harry did this to you?" I traced the bruises with my fingers gently so I wouldn't hurt him. 

"This is why you need to stay away from him." My friend said in a sweet tone. "I don't want him to hurt you. If he lost control with me just because I didn't listen to him... I can't imagine what he might do to you."

"W-why did he do this?" My voice was shaking. I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing. Harry was that evil?

"I think you got enough by seeing what he's capable to do." Cam said, pulling his t-shirt down. He took my hand and smile. "I don't want you to deal with things that aren't worth it."

"That aren't worth it?" I asked, atonished. "Cam, he beat the hell out of you. He could've killed you. I need to know." I said. "Please."

He let out another sigh. "He threatened to kill me if I didn't stay away from you and well... I told him to fuck off." He did what!? Oh my fucking God. 

"It was because of me." I whispered. "It's my fault."

"No, no. Raiza, listen to me." Cam lifted up my chin, making me look at him. "None of this is your fault, you understand me? Harry's the problem. And it's my fault because knowing how violent he is, I confronted him anyway."

No, he was wrong. It was my fault. I felt the tears coming out and couldn't do anything to stop them. If I had listened to Cam none of this would have happened. If I just had stayed away from Harry and just ignored him when he kept bothering me. If I only had had the guts to talk with Mr. Aguilera when I had the chance. I backed down at last minute because Harry came to his office. 

I've been so stupid! I bet he must be laughing at me. I even had agreed to be friends with him! Oh my fuckinh God! I'm infuriated with him for all the shit he has being down behind my back, but I'm even more infuriated with me for believing everything, believing his 'bad boy attitude' was actually an act and that he was really trying to be nice!

"Raiza, where are you going?" He asked worried.

"To talk with Harry." I said, storming out of his room.

"Raiza, don't! He's dangerous!" I heard him yelling. "Raiza!"

I ignored Cam's warning and kept walking. My blood was boiling. How he dared to hurt Cam!? And who knows he might have done to Rue! Niall has been so blind too, blinder than me. He really believes Harry can be a better person. But he's not seeing things objectively due to his close relationship. I mean, he said he had witnessed the things Harry had done but he still believes it.

No, this has to end and it has to be now. Someone must stop Harry and like everyone is afraid of him I guess I'll have to do it. And this time I won't back down. The anger that I have inside is much more than I can stand and needs to be released.

He's going to listen to me.