Chapter 35

"Holy shit. Thank God we arrived!" I said breathless as I got off that damn motorcycle. "Oh my God, I really thought I was going to die. I'll never get on any motor vehicle where you're the driver."

"You really think I would let anything happen to you?" Harry asked, looking straight into my eyes. "I gave you the helmet, remember? If we hypothetically had had an accident, I know it won't happen because I'm a marvellous driver, you wouldn't have gotten hurt." I just looked at him trying to figure out what was going on in his head. He just changes moods so easily. Does he have a bipolar disorder or something? "If you really think you're in danger with me, then don't keep coming back."

"If you haven't noticed I'm the one who tries to maintain the distance between us." I said, glaring at him. "You are the one who keeps coming back."

"Touché, baby." Harry got off his motorcycle and walked towards me. I stepped back, trying to keep the distance but he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer. I tried to stop him putting my hands between us but failed when they touched his chest. "Go out with me." He said.

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You heard, me." Harry whispered, leaning closer to me. I'm shorter than him so trying to do any attempt of pushing him or getting away from him was useless. He had complete control of the situation. "Go out with me, baby."

"No." I said. I kept my eyes on him, trying to act like I wasn't shaking and my knees felt weak.

"Why are you playing so hard to get?" He slightly brushed his lips on my neck, making me have goose bumps. I swallowed and tried to focus. Why does he affect me so much?

"C-could you ple-ase just leave m-me alone?" My voice didn't sound as confident as I wanted it to.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, baby." Harry whispered against my skin. "I tried but didn't succeed."

I just needed to create some space between us. That was the only way I could possible think of so I could wake up from this odd yet mysterious spell and power he had every time we're near each other. I closed my eyes and pushed him. "T-thanks for the ride. Bye." I said, not looking at him and turning around.

I let out a deep sigh when I was a few meters away from Harry. For some reason things are always so intense with him, if we weren't fighting to death he was doing his player moves on me. God! This really needs to end. I'm afraid of what he makes me feel. There's something about him that yells 'danger' but there's something else that draws me towards him. And even if I deny it, that imaginary magnet is stronger than anything. And that's what scares me the most.

I almost fell for not paying attention to where I was going. But a pair of strong arms caught me just in time to avoid it. I turned my head to thank whoever had done it but suddenly desisted when I saw Harry's face inches away from mine. "I thought you were leaving." I said, cutting loose of his grip.

"I changed my mind." He shrugged.

As long as he didn't bother me I didn't care what he was going to do. I kept walking and soon a few seconds later felt someone behind me. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked him with unfriendly tone.

"I'm going to the Santa Monica pier." He said, smirking at me. I stopped on my tracks and my mouth dropped. He couldn't be serious!?

"No, you're not!"

"Yes, I am." Harry kept walking, ignoring my unmistakable refusal. "This is a free country. I can do whatever I want."

"Fine! I don't even care!" I yelled annoyed. The pier is large enough to avoid meet each other again. Just stay calm. Breathe. I heard him laughing and I let out a groan in displeasure.

Luckily I lost Harry when I arrived at the pier. Finally some peace. I took out my camera and started looking for good scenes to take photos. I went near the Ferris wheel since it was bright and colourful and it would make good shots.

After quite a while I started to feel hungry so I decided to look somewhere to eat here at the park. There were more places outside the park but I was too lazy to walk so I'd just eat something here. Let's see, we have Harbor Grill, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell.

"I think I'll eat a burger at Harbor Grill." I said to myself. "Yeah, sounds good."

"The burgers there are alright." A husky voice said behind me.

"Please tell me what do I have to do so you leave me alone!" I said defeated. This was like an endless curse.

"Just go out with me." Harry said with a nonchalant tone.

"Come on, there has to be another way!" I said. "We both now you and I will never get along, we tried to be friends and you screwed things up. Besides going out is a insane idea. Even for you. It's the recipe for disaster."

"Then I guess bothering you will still be my hobby." The smirk on Harry's face told me he wasn't kidding. He really enjoyed making me suffer and driving me crazy. He knew what buttons he needed to push to make me lose it.

But so did I.

"Then you'll have to deal with Zayn." I said nonchalant. In matter of seconds Harry's face turned red and that obnoxious smirk was wiped off his face. Bingo.

"What did you say?" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer.

"So now you're deaf? I'm going out with Zayn, that's why I won't go out with you."

"You're lying." He said.

"Was I lying when I said I would hang out with him?" Harry's jaw clenched when I said those words. "Exactly."

"He's not good." Harry let go of my wrist. I stepped back trying to maintain the distance, once more.

"Oh wow, of course! Coming from you... I must believe it, right?"

He just stayed there looking at me. His eyes were glued to mine and for some reason I wanted to move and leave, but I just couldn't. Finally he spoke. "I never said I was a saint. Besides, you said it yourself, Raiza." He began saying. "I saved you. Doesn't that deserve another chance? Don't I deserve another chance?"

"That's low Harry." I said. "You're using what happened to me in your favour and taking advantage of it."

"No, I'm not." He said, taking a step towards me. "I'm just presenting the facts."

I knew he wouldn't try anything with all these people here, because if he did he knew I would scream drawing the attention to us, and therefore ruining whatever he was planning. So I just stayed there, pretending to be serene and thinking what to do next. "If I agree on going out with you..." I started saying. Ugh, I can't believe I'm about to yield to his request. "You'll leave me alone, for once and for all?"

"Weren't you going out with Zayn?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Answer me." He laughed and then nodded. "Ok, fine. I'll go out with you. Just once. And when it's over, you'll leave me alone."

Harry smirked and leaned closer. "Oh, when it's over you will not want me to leave you alone, baby." He whispered in my ear. I felt a shiver running through my spine as I felt his hot breathe against my cold skin due to the sea breeze.

I looked away because if I stayed looking a second longer into his eyes I knew he would see that I was afraid.

I was afraid, terrified that he might be right.