8- Rest of the Story

Katrina gets over to Barry, checking on him" Barry, Barry" she says and he can't respond.

"Barry, Katrina, can you hear me?" she hears Wells say, but she doesn't respond as she grabs Barry and helps get him back to S.T.A.R Labs. She brings him right to the cortex, Barry keeps wheezing, and panic sets into Katrina.
"He...he can't breath the gas...the gas is inside him" Katrina tells them.
"He needs oxygen. Get the crash cart" Wells tells Cisco, who quickly gets up going for the cart.

Katrina helps get Barry onto one of the beds, as she undoes his suit revealing his chest. She moves back to allow the others to do what they need, but she is scared that they might not be quick enough.

"Katrina, what happened?" she hears Caitlin asks as she comes into the cortex.
"It...it's Barry" she says her hand shaking as she points over to the boys.
"Cut me open. The poison is still in me" Barry says when he sees Caitlin.
"He brought us a sample, Caitlin we need to do a pulmonary biopsy. Extract an active portion of that gas" Dr. Wells says.

"I can't give you any atheistic. Your metabolism will burn though it" Katrina hears Caitlin say that and she goes back into the room, knowing she would need to be there for him.
"I heal quick. Remember" Barry says to her.
"Do it" Wells says.
"Cisco give me the syringe" Caitlin says, "This is going to hurt a lot" she says looking at Barry and Katrina.
"This is just a small needle. You probably wont' feel it" Cisco says and Katrina looks to see a huge needle.

"You're probably going to feel it" Caitlin says as she takes the syringe from Cisco. Katrina then takes Barry's hand letting him know she was there. Caitlin then sticks the syringe into Barry who gasps, as she gets the sample, before he passes out.
"He's going to be okay right?" Katrina asks the others.

"He should be" Caitlin assures her, as Katrina grabs a chair and sits beside the bed, holding Barry's hand and not wanting to let go. She watches as they hook him up to monitors, and Caitlin goes to run the sample. After what feels like forever Katrina feels Barry move, and looks to see him open his eyes.

"Hey" she says quietly.
"Hey" he replies smiling at her.
"The streak lives" they hear Cisco say and look over at him.
"You'd be dead if your lung cells didn't regenerate so quickly" Caitlin explains to him.

Barry reaches up with his free hand feeling his chest, "Oh my chest feels like that one time I had a cigarette" earning a look from Katrina and Caitlin

"Yeah Teen me lives for danger" he says as he tries to sit up and examine himself.
"Barry this isn't funny you could have" Katrina says trying not to cry.

"I didn't" he says squeezing her hand.
"Now that we have his sample, we'll get to work. Analyzing it, figuring out the poison, maybe get a clue as to his human identity." Wells says to them.

"Or at least a way to stop him from turning into mist" Cisco says as Barry slowly sits up with Katrina's help. "This Mist, okay, that's his name. End of discussion." He adds happy with himself.