Starting the Path of my Second Life

~*~

        It had been a quarter moon. I was still trying to think of a way where I will run into a cat that doesn't want to drive me away like the leader or that cat called Minnowsplash. I though...did not know that it would come out naturaly that I didn't have to work to not get driven out.

        I had spent the quarter moon trying to figure out the forest I was in. If my plan was going to work, I needed to learn my way around the forest. I knew at least 5 routes to get to MoonClan. The quickest way, was to actually climb a tree and go in what ever direction you want. It has to be a path of tree branches. Then you could jump or climb down the tree.

        Right now I was on a tree branch surveying the camp. There were very few cats, there was maybe at the most a quarter of the ThunderClan warriors. The freshkill pile was stocked, with the few cats, they could use that food for two sunrises maybe.

        I glanced down as I heard rustling below me. A border patrol was coming back heading towards Silverstar's den. What did they find? A silvery cat came out of the den and jump on a big rock, just like Highledge, the Tallstone. She yowled a call and cats filled the clearing.

        If they saw me, I would be dead. I quietly padded back the way I came. I went to my hunting area. Right outside the MoonClan territory, but as I crosses the MoonClan border, a different stench hit the top of my mouth. Another clan?! Wanting to get out of this new clan's territory, I hunted quickly catching two mice and a sparrow.

        As I jumped into my tree, I thought heavily. I can't wait for my plan to be ready. I have 'til sunhigh tomorrow to join MoonClan. I munched on the sparrow hungrily, saving the mice for later use. I curled up thinking, then closed my eyes drifting into a midday nap.

        My mom sprinted through the woods quickly the stench of badger getting stronger as I got closer to ThunderClan's camp. I would do anything for ThunderClan. A hord of badgers trying to kill them? I'm there on the spot. She burst into the camp. It was swarmed with badgers. Firestar and Sandstorm were in the midst of the battle fighting a badger twice their size. Thinking they got it covered, Mistfeather glanced around. Brakenfur was protecting the nursery, flames of fury flickering in his eyes. Sorreltail was giving birth, and Brakenfur would do anything to protect her.

        A badger blundered over, knocking Brakenfur down momentarily. Mother growled jumping on top of the badger. "Get up!" She meowed urgently. Brakenfur shook his head clawing at the badgers legs. After a while, I jumped off the back of the badger and it ran out of the camp. One down, the rest of them to go!

        I heard a screech and everything went in slow motion. I ran over to the sound to find Sandstorm under the grasp of a badger. NO! She was everything to Firestar, I would die to help her live. I lunged at the badger barrelling into it. Sandstorm only had a few scratches, she would be fine Mistfeather decided as she ran up to her. Firestar was a little away glancing over every so often.

        "LOOK OUT! Sandstorm cries as my mother was lifted up in the air and flung on the ground. Sandstorm struggled over coming to soon. "It's behind you." She whispers and Sandstorm darts away just in time, the badger rampaging into me and the vision from my mother blanked out.

                                                                                ~*~

        I woke up a stench still hanging in the air. It was a dream...why is the scent of badger here. Memory kicked into me. It's not badger it's fox! And the pack is heading to MoonClan...I need to get there quickly!