A Special Queen

I had been visting Ravenpaw every 5 sunrises. I had just moved into the nursery belly swollen with kits. I watched as Frostfur rasped her tougue over Cinderkit's pelt then switching to Brakenkit's. Everyone's eyes gleamed. It was the kit's apprentice ceremony.

        "All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the HighRock for a Clan meeting." Bluestar's yowl sounded across the camp and squaking came from above as the startled birds flew away calling out in alarm.

        I padded out and sat near the entrance of the nursery watching the proud kits padd to the front, their pelts gleaming. I remembered my apprentce ceremony with a sigh. It was amazing then.

        "Warrior to herb. Mistfeather............help them adjust.........." A voice spoke from a distance and I was near the Thunderpath. Tigerclaw was standing there at the edge and Cinder...paw was panting behind me going towards where Tigerclaw used to be. I tried to close my eyes but I couldn't. Cinderpaw ran towards into the edge of the Thunderpath as a monster roared by. Oh no. I was rooted to the spot. Cinderpaw's leg was at an agle and Tigerclaw stay hidden smirking.    "WARRIOR TO HERB!"

        Warrior to herb. Those words echoed through my head as the ceremony continued. "Fireheart you are ready for your first apprentice. You will mentor Cinderpaw." Cinderpaw walked up warily not wishing to touch noses with Fireheart. After a while she leaned forward and did so. "Graystripe you too are ready. You shall mentor Brakenpaw."

        "Brakenpaw, Cinderpaw! Brakenpaw, Cinderpaw! Brakenpaw, Cinderpaw!" The clan cheered, Frostfur the loudest. I congradulated them and their eyes gleamed.

        All four mentor and apprentce then went out to see the territory and I picked up a sparrow gobbling it down and then going to sleep in the nursery.

        Every morning Fireheart would take Cinderpaw out for training with Graystripe and Brakenpaw. "I saw a kittypet but we didn't get to scare it." meowed Cinderpaw. Firepaw padded up to me. I visited my sister Princess." He murmured then walked away.

        Graystripe, Fireheart, and their apprentices padded through the camp entrance, Graystripe soaking wet. Graystripe looked over his shoulder longingly. "What happened?" I asked trying to rise but wincing in pain. "He fell into the river and Silverstream, Crookedsta's daughter, saved him." Brakenpaw meowed. Graystripe went to the medicine den and was confined to camp because he had a cold.

        After Graystripe was confined to camp, Brakenpaw wasn't being trained. I felt bad for the apprentice. It was night and a flash of gray went towards the dirt tunnel. After a while, the bushes rustled and Graystripe emerged and padded to the warriors den. I took a deep sniff through my nose and smelt the tiniest scent of RiverClan. Why was it RiverClan. What was he doing? I closed my eyes.

        I woke up in a dream. I saw a flash of orange and saw Fireheart in front of me. "Fireheart!" I meowed slowing down, because of my swollen belly. He turned around surprised. "Graystripe just came back." I meowed. "He smelled faintly of RiverClan and SunningRocks." "No..."Fireheart growled and I backed away. He has been meeting Silverstream again. He keeps going out to see her. He's in love."  His eyes clouded with sorrow. "What?" I asked. "He's not my friend anymore. He won't listen and he just wants to get away from me."

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~ - The next night

        I opened my eyes slowly aware to the hissing outside. Hackles raising, I got to my feet going outside. Graystripe and Fireheart were in the middle of the clearing. It was still night. It wasn't that late after moonhigh.  Their claws unsheathed and hackles raised, they stared violently at eachother. "Stop it! Sheath your claws!" I hissed at them very annoyed.

        I grew to a whisper. "Just because of Silverstream...If Graystripe wants to see her all the time, it is okay, that is up to him. If he is exiled, that is his problem, we'll miss him, but that would have been his choice. Let him do it. It is HIS choice not yours." Fireheart looked at me and then Graystripe lowering his fur. As Graystripe turned to walk out of camp after Fireheart left, I grabbed him. "Always know who cares about you. Silverstream does, Fireheart does, I do, Ravenpaw does, and so does most of the Clan. This is your path choose wisely. I know what you are thinking deep down. It is okay. This is what you desire, go for it. Just know, we will always be there to help you. Don't worry."

        He looked at me, his wall of blocked thoughts came out. Hostility went away and thank and gratitude replaced it. He tried to speak but couldn't. I brushed my tail against his flank. "Go see her."