Chapter 42. Space, unknown location

(Since today's chapter is shorter, here's a bonus chapter for you guys!)

Operious: Rhaa

"How did he have a gun?" Cursed Operious rudely as he examined the two dead bodies on the floor. "He could have shot any of us. I thought you had this under control??"

The Rhaa in the large room were examining the two bodies that were now laying freshly dead on the floor while the lanky Welvet hovered ominously around them.

The head Welvet turned to Operious. "The situation is under control." It said, its voice calm.

Then the Welvet raised its gun at Operious.

"Rhaa Operious, this vessel is now confiscated by the PPF under order 275-D45. We have been authorized by the PPF to arrest and or terminate any Rhaa refusing to comply."

Operious stood up straight, slight shock displayed across his face as he eyed the Welvet weapon pointed at him. He then examined the tall hooded alien in confusion. "Is this some sort of joke?" He snarled.

The Welvet then shot Operious directly in the head.

His thick dead body fell to the floor loudly.

The remaining Rhaa roared in anger as pandemonium ensued in the large room.

All the Welvet immediately aimed their weapons from Rhaa to Rhaa, taking down as many as possible before they could retaliate.

The opposing Rhaa did not hesitate. Each hulking body rushed to reveal a weapon and ensued in the fight.

The room was filled with chaos as every being was yelling and shooting into the other group in the room.

The majority of the Rhaa ducked behind machinery, taking cover from the onslaught. They each in turn continued to shoot at the progressing Welvet aliens, who didn't seem to care that they had no cover to hide behind.

It didn't take long for the Rhaa to understand why the Welvet were willing to be so venerable. To their surprise, their Rhaa weapons had no visible effect on the group. Their projectiles ricocheted off the tall hooded beings without even leaving a dent.

There were shouts of frustration as the Rhaa soon realized that they were greatly overpowered.

The room was loud with the din of gunshots, enraged shouting, and screams of dying Rhaa.

The Rhaa were not expecting an attack in their own ship. Their lack of foresight was deadly, they were unprepared and drastically losing.

The chaos grew as bodies gradually began to pile on the ship's polished floor. The pooling blood was a stark contrast against the ship's bright-white interior.

Doors to the side of the room opened up and a flood of new, more heavily armed Welvet piled into the room, quickly killing off the rest of the Rhaa that were ducked under cover.

Just a little too late, an alarm was pulled somewhere in the ship, and the entire station went into lockdown.

But the army of Welvet was already inside.

The now huge army of Welvet moved from the small room to other sections of the Rhaa ship, continuing the slaughter as they went.

Their moves were coordinated and well planned. Each room was quickly swept clean of Rhaa.

Nobody noticed when from the first large room, the bodies of a Pardos and a smaller Rhaa were quietly dragged out.