Chapter 29

The Generation of Miracles Reincarnated

Chapter 29

Akashi turned to stare at the bluenette who was sitting beside him on the bench. Reason being? The bench was shaking. "Tetsuya, is something the matter?" the redhead asked.

Tetsuya followed his gaze down to his shaking legs. "It's nothing, Seijūrō-kun."

"You sure?"

"I'm just excited. Momoi-san said that we can only play in the semi-finals onwards at most, though she is trying to only let us play in the finals," Tetsuya answered, eyeing the players on the court.

Akashi chuckled at the bluenette's antics. He could not blame him, since he himself was also excited to play.

Currently, it was only the second quarter between the Japan team and the Senegal team. Guess the situation? The Japan team was far ahead with a twenty-point gap between the two.

Taiga's jumping power allowed him to mark their shooting guard, and anyone for that matter who was trying to shoot. Shūzō powerful drive that allows him to drive past even the burliest players. Kotarō's lighting dribbling so that no one could even keep up, let alone steal it. Eikichi's gorilla-like strength, that even those Senegal players could not overpower. Reo's amazing three-pointers that essentially could not be blocked.

Of course, the result was inevitable. Akashi almost chuckled at the shock those Senegal players felt, even cursing in French while panicking. Of course, since he had learnt so many languages over his childhood, French was one of the basic languages if he were ever to do business with Europeans.

"Aka-Seijūrō-kun, what are they saying?" Tetsuya asked as Reo scored another three.

"Nothing much, other than cursing. They are shouting out their defense strategy, apparently not knowing that I know French too. It's amusing," Akashi replied.

Tetsuya tilted his head to the side. "How many languages do you know?"

"Hm, many. Japanese, of course, English, Chinese, French, German, Russian, Tamil, Mala—"

"Ok, ok. I get it. Seijūrō-kun is as smart as always." Akashi chuckled.

In the end, they almost doubled the Senegal's score. "Hah! That's what they get for calling us short!" Taiga yelled in glee, smirking at them. Japan had one win already.

Over the course of the preliminary round, Japan, for almost the first time ever, won every single game. Since they were in Group B, they would have a knockout stage with one of the top two from Group A. Their next opponent was Cuba.

Currently, the group was walking back all together to the convenience store nearby to get popsicles again. "Ahhh, so, we have to play in the semis too?" Kotarō whined.

Satsuki nodded. "Un! Unless there's a dire need, but if not, you guys will be playing through!"

"Whaaaaat! I want to play already!" Daiki yelled.

Satsuki sighed. "But if we throw out our trump cards, then the opponent wouldn't have a shock!"

"Meh. Whatever."

"Daiki, if you want to play basketball so badly, then I will have your training menu for tomorrow tripled, how about that?" Akashi concluded, smirking as Daiki shook with fear.

"Seijūrō-kun really likes to torture your teammates," Tetsuya deadpanned.

"Torture? I do no such thing. I am merely just preparing them for the match." Everyone sighed.