Good gods.........

By now the days were flying by. It was less than two weeks until my birthday, and I was freaking. Out. I practiced all the time, archery, water bending, the crazy rock wall with lava and fire that I could now conquer with no trouble. Haley and Nico even taught me how to shadow travel. That was pretty cool in my opinion, but not cool enough to get my mind off the prophecy.

I ran the prophecy through my mind time and again.

‘a demigod will come amongst us

With the blood of all the god’s’

That one didn’t take much thought, it was obviously me.

‘She will save camp half-blood from the unspoken

But will suffer a tragic loss’

No one could figure out what this unspoken thing was, but I didn’t like the sound of it. I couldn’t decide if my great loss would be losing Nico, or something else…I didn’t like to dwell on that part of the prophecy but it came to mind often.

‘the loss of life will soon arise

to one of her beloved’

I didn’t hesitate on this one. Most of the time I just skipped this line because I would start crying unexplainably.

‘from the distress she feels about him

she will kill herself for love’

I thought about the last line the most. How it would happen, how to stop it, different things. The way it was worded made it sound as if my life would end Romeo and Juliet style. He dies, she kills herself because she doesn’t want to live without him, you know the story. But I also had heard a lot about how prophecies come true in a different way than one expected. Part of me hoped for that, but part of me said it could be more sufferable.

As I was thinking about the prophecy, Nico snapped his fingers in front of my face. “Hellooooo??? Earth to Alex,” I snapped out of it and looked at him. “Sorry I was just…thinking,” I said not wanting to bring up exactly what I was thinking about. He hesitated, “Okay, well Haley and I are going to teach you how to summon the dead,” he said with a worried expression.

Wow. Summon the dead? Awesome!!!

“Okay, let’s do it,” I said walking over to where Haley was standing. I paused, “Okay, how exactly does this work?” I asked the two of them.

They looked at each other a little worried. “Well, since you are part Hades, it shouldn’t be hard. I’m just worried that you will be too powerful and not be able to keep it under control,” Haley said, looking at Nico.

I could feel my eyes widen. Too powerful??? Is that a good thing? I didn’t want to dwell on that at the moment, so I went back to watching Nico and Haley.

“Okay,” Nico said. “I know you can use water extremely easily, and this isn’t that different. All you do is concentrate on what you are doing, close your eyes and slowly bring your hands up.” He demonstrated, putting his hands by his sides and closing his eyes. He slowly started bringing his hands up towards the sky, and hands started trying to pull themselves out of the ground. Then they disappeared.

I looked at Nico, “Why’d you stop?” I asked curiously. He paused for a minute to catch his breath, and I remembered that things like that take a lot of energy out of you.

After coming back to earth, if you will, Nico looked at me. “No use in using all my energy to bring the dead up when they are not needed right?” I laughed a little. I couldn’t believe I didn’t think of that! “True, true,” I said. Haley looked at me, “Okay, now watch me,” she said. She positioned herself the same way Nico did: hands by her sides with her eyes close. But unlike Nico, Haley lunged forward and brought her arms slowly forward and up in front of her, rather than up the sides. Hands came up from the ground. Haley went back to a standing position and the dead went back under.

She opened her eyes and stumbled for a moment, trying to keep her balance. Nico laughed, “Show off. You always have to lunge don’t you? You do realize that takes more energy, right?” He asked walking over and putting his hand on her shoulder to steady her.

She laughed, “Yeah that’s true…but it’s more fun that way! I feel like a Jedi!” she said. We all joined in laughing. It was nice to laugh for once in the past…wow. I couldn’t even remember the last time I laughed….

After we calmed down and stopped laughing, Nico and Haley looked at me. “Okay, you’re up,” Haley said motioning for me to move forward. I hesitated but Nico smiled reassuringly. I moved forward and closed my eyes. I thought about what I was doing: summoning the dead. I brought my arms up slowly, and in my mind I could see the underworld. Bodies everywhere, blood and gore.

Next thing I knew people were screaming and Nico was shaking me. I snapped out of it and turned around. Nico had a grasp on my forearms. I looked him in the eyes. I had never seen him so scared. I looked over at Haley, who looked like she could pass out. I looked back at Nico, “What….what happened?” I said hesitantly. I then noticed I didn’t feel any less energized. If anything I felt stronger.

Nico looked around and I followed his gaze. Everyone was staring at me in shock. “Nico,” I pressed, “What. Happened.” I said urgently. He looked back at me, “You…You summoned the entire underworld. Everyone. How,….how in Hades did you do that?!”

[[[hope you like it! thanks again for the characters animejedi42!]]]