That Awkward Moment When You Wake Up In An Alley...

Waking up in an ally? And nothings wrong? What the hell?

By the time I woke it was dark outside, and I was out of the sight of passing bystanders.

I looked around to see where my attacker was, but saw no one. I stood, a bit wobbly, and realized my head was throbbing with pain. Typical post being knocked unconscious response I assumed. Never the less, it hurt like hell.

When I finally regained my sense of vision all I could see was horror. People dying. Bodies lying everywhere. It was so realistic but I soon realized I hadn't actually developed a sixth sense I was simply seeing things. Again. The story of my life. The strangest part was that I was never afraid of these images. They'd become somewhat of a routine for me and therefore lacked the terror that other people might feel.

Whenever I had hallucination spells I typically relied on my music to bring me back to reality. I pulled my ipod out of my pocket, kind of surprised the attacker didnt steal it, and put in the headphones.

The song Crawling by Linkin Park blasted through the earbuds and sent haunting yet somewhat soothing lyrics through my skull.

"There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface. Consuming. Confusing. This lack of self control I fear is never ending it's haunting how I can't seem to find myself again my walls are closing in. I've felt this way before. So insecure...

Crawling in my skin

these words they will not heal.

Fear is how I fall

confusing what is real.

This song had been my "theme song" if you will, ever since I started seeing things. I breathed deeply, in through my nose, out through my mouth, concentrating on the drum patterns within the song when I felt someone tap on my shoulder.