Nico's POV: what is wrong with her?!

NICOS POV

"May I?" Alex asked as she turned to look at me.

I looked at her for a moment before saying "Of course...I think it's yours too," but I don't think she heard the last part.

We walked around the cabin and I watched her admire and touch everything. I smiled a little. Girls are so strange yet so attractive in the dumbest ways. Like how they have to admire everything and feel all fabrics and surfaces. 

"So, do you like having the place to yourself?" Alex asked, still looking everything over.

I walked over to one of the four queen beds (one thing that' different than the other cabins), and sat down. "Not really," I said looking over at Alex. She turned to face me with a questioning expression before walking over and sitting on the bed next to me.

"How come?" she said, sitting criss crossed and facing me. I felt kind of awkward because she was so close to me, so I decided to lie back and let my feet hang off the side of the bed. How that helped I'm not sure.

"Oh, I don't know. It's kind of lonely," I said, staring up at the ceiling.

She studied me for a second, "Oh," is all she said before switching positions to sitting with her feet hanging off the side of the bed.

It was quiet for what seemed like forever, so I sat up to find her staring at me with a weird expression.

"What are you staring at me for?" I said.

She continued to stare.

I asked again, "What are you staring at me for, Alex?"

No response.

I stood and walked directly in front of her. I leaned really close to her, just inches from her face, trying to get her attention. Why was she unresponsive? Was this a regular thing with her? Passing out and then being randomly unresponsive? I was getting seriously worried when she did the weirdest thing. She actually put her hands in my hair and kissed me. She KISSED me.

I pushed her back, making her fall onto her back on the bed. "Why in hades did you do that?!" I said, jumping off of the bed and walking a few steps back.

"I...I'm sorry Nico," she said, looking confused and sad. "I...I don't know why  I did that".

I almost said 'dude we are siblings!' but I caught myself. I wasn't sure of that yet and I didn't want to say anything about it if I was wrong.

"uh...okay. Well, you can stay in here for a while if you want"- but she cut me off.

"Who was that boy you were talking to in the infirmary?" she asked, sitting up to face me.

I froze. Had she heard our conversation?

"Wha...who are you talking about?" I asked, trying to unstiffen my body, which wasn't going too well.

"You were saying something and it sounded like you didn't agree...something about a prophecy..?" she said. She attempted to keep a composed expression but I could see right through it. She had heard enough.

I grabbed her hand and helped her up, "I think we need to visit Chiron".